Talk

Advanced search

Christmas ideas for Boyfriend

(14 Posts)
Joanne1991 Mon 30-Oct-17 14:47:18

Hi I'm really stuck on ideas for what to buy my boyfriend for its our first Christmas together so I'm wanting to make it special.He doesn't do music or sports and he is on dyalasis so a break away I think will be out of the question

gingerbreadmam Mon 30-Oct-17 14:47:58

What things is he into?

Unicorn81 Mon 30-Oct-17 14:49:50

Something to make him feel good, molton brown bath foam? Nice,loccitane grooming kit? Some dvds, maybe a box set, some food treats

Osbornemrs Mon 30-Oct-17 15:04:52

Every year i buy my husband aftershave, new trainers, chocolates, clothes and give him money but id might also buy an electric razor, toiletries...

Joanne1991 Mon 30-Oct-17 15:21:27

Thanks for the suggestions

LexieLulu Mon 30-Oct-17 15:45:48

I read on another thread someone bought their husband a curry subscription? My husband would love that so I'm going to look at it.

What about that new handheld Nintendo console?

Joanne1991 Mon 30-Oct-17 16:18:42

He isn't into games

Annwithnoe Mon 30-Oct-17 18:12:18

There's a very good thread here that was started last year and is going again now that you might get some inspiration from. Men are sooo hard to buy for

gingerbreadmam Mon 30-Oct-17 18:42:33

Good things I have bought over the years:

Wallet ninja
Customised converse
Beer and glass set
Fitbit
Aftershave
Clothes
Nostalgic stuff e.g. home alone box set, cluedo board game

singadream Mon 30-Oct-17 18:58:16

Does he have to sit around while having dialysis? Something to occupy him? Books or old school game boy or crosswords.

Joanne1991 Mon 30-Oct-17 19:21:36

Yeah he does I might get him a few puzzle books or maybe do him a hamper but I've just found out his mum has booked us a weekend in Blackpool

Marshmallowpops Mon 30-Oct-17 21:23:33

You could do him a year of dates where you pre plan one date for each month.. you could be quite crafty with it like in a scrapbook or do it more simply with envelopes with the ideas in, there's lots of examples online if you just type in 'year of dates' to Pinterest. You can tailor it to whatever he enjoys doing but a few could be cosy night in and have money for snacks in a little envelope and a now TV gift card or something, a few could be nice meals out and maybe a gift voucher for his favourite restaurant, you can look up low cost date ideas as well eg going somewhere to just watch the stars, having a picnic or whatever, also you could look on Groupon for weird stuff you might not have thought of, eg Segway tour or whatever! .. might be nice as it shows you're looking forward to spending the next year with him and gives him something to look forward to as well smile

Joanne1991 Mon 30-Oct-17 21:34:35

Thanks for the suggestion I'm going to do just that

wobblywonderwoman Mon 30-Oct-17 21:36:52

What about a decent jacket (northface)
Hamper of favourite things is also lovely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: