Talk

Advanced search

Away for Christmas - Stocking fillers for 2 year old

(11 Posts)
BillyAndTheSillies Mon 30-Oct-17 09:23:44

Hi,

We are abroad with the inlaws for Christmas. I was hoping to take some pre wrapped gifts to pop in DS' stocking for Christmas morning. I know he won't really know it's Christmas, but we will and I'd still like to make Christmas special for him. We've got him a wooden kitchen as his "big" present that will be at home and he can be surprised with that on NYE.

Ideally things that basically don't have lots of parts and won't get left behind when we are packing to go home. I've just drawn a blank!! Any ideas very welcome.

Thank you!!

KC225 Mon 30-Oct-17 09:38:43

Ikea have some great soft toy play food which would packs into shoes etc for the journey home. Sticlers are good for that age. Get a sticker book to put them in. Bath things that can be used up. Bath crayons, Good bubbles.

Leeds2 Mon 30-Oct-17 09:39:27

Small cars.
Model dinosaurs.
Some play food to go in his kitchen.
Bath toy.
Bubbles.
A book.
Wax crayons and colouring book.
Sticker book.
Whistle (probably can be left behind!).
A jigsaw.

BillyAndTheSillies Mon 30-Oct-17 09:49:02

Thanks @KC225 and @Leeds2 I was just drawing a blank!!!

Great idea to get some food for his kitchen. MIL has got him a shopping trolley and basket with bits so I can do an add on to that.

Agree on the whistle being left behind!!!

waddleslikeapenguin Mon 30-Oct-17 10:07:11

Just wanted to add that we did a stocking for DD1 age two last year and she LOVED it! In fact, every present she opened she wore or played with for at least half an hour if not multiple hours before opening the next one. We were still openening presents in the evening on Boxing Day!! grin So don't be so sure DS won't notice, just enjoy the fact he won't notice the build-up (potentially for the last time ever)!
I big-up all of the above things, with stickers being a particular hit. And maybe something to wear, new jammies or something? Then that way you are not wasting space in the suitcase wink

MummaTwinkleToes Mon 30-Oct-17 10:19:55

Hi what about a small bottle of bubbles. I got my 3yr old ds a mini magic drawing pad, can't think of the proper name but they draw on it then it wipes clean. Good for journeys smile

Deploycharitygoats Mon 30-Oct-17 12:07:31

A gymnastics ribbon (basically a giant rainbow ribbon on a stick) was a massive hit last year. Any play date, there's basically a queue of DS1's chums to have the ribbon twirled around them grin

BillyAndTheSillies Mon 30-Oct-17 20:08:53

Love these ideas, thank you!!! He loves bubbles so will get a few bottles.
Won’t lie, I see gymnastics ribbon and automatically think “weapon” when it comes to the whirlwind that is my child!!

CoffeeChocolateWine Mon 30-Oct-17 21:08:36

I reckon putting a few things in the stocking that CAN ben left behind isn't a bad idea. Things that are use-up-able (that absolutely is a word!) And also things that might might come in useful on holiday!
Bubbles
Bubble bath
Beach toy and sun hat if you're going somewhere warm
Wooly hat and gloves is somewehre cold
Expandable flannel
Sticker book
Crayons
Favourite snacks
Soft toy

singadream Mon 30-Oct-17 23:06:58

Yes def toy food.
A new toy car.
A wind up toy.
Item of clothing.
Small teddy
Board book.
Flannel.
Inflatable ball or globe

Oldieandgoldie Mon 30-Oct-17 23:20:07

Chocolate Santa/chocolate sprouts/ chocolate coins etc
Pants
Bath bubbles/crayons
Bath toy
Small book
Real or pretend cutlery/plates etc
Gloves/mittens
A snap type game from ELC

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now