Talk

Advanced search

Present Ideas please!

(10 Posts)
hiimmumma Sun 29-Oct-17 14:02:24

I am on a much tighter budget than usual this year so I was wondering if anyone could share what they are getting people or if they have any ideas for me!
I need to buy for
Mother (59)
Step Mother (52)
Sister (33)
An 18 year old
& A 20 year old

Looking to spend £10 each, £15 max!

Cleanermaidcook Sun 29-Oct-17 15:21:05

Make up a hamper for each with bits they like? So smellies, chocolates, bath bomb, candle?

TheImpsBabyGhoul Sun 29-Oct-17 15:27:24

Mother/ stepmother 6 month mag subscription? Just got one for dm (think it was good housekeeping) which was 6 issues for £6, then you could get a L’occitane handcream to go with it for something to open

Sister: how about - couple of newer release hardbacks from the charity shop, or else a cookery book and a pretty apron
18/20 year old, how about an Amazon gift voucher (£10) for a dvd and then some primark furry socks/popcorn/drink cup thing with a straw. Call it a movie hamper

It is quite dependant on their likes dislikes etc. And how happy you are with second hand

gamerchick Sun 29-Oct-17 15:37:19

Alcohol. There are loads of funky stuff about now, get a selection and make some hampers up. I decorate old shoeboxes, get some clear wrap and ribbon from flower shops and use some padding be it tissue or shred colored paper. When I want to do a load of mini hampers for raffle prizes.

Changerofname987654321 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:41:24

Bottle of prosecco and a popaball topper thing.

Finest Tesco prosecco has won good house keeping award and is £8. If you buy 6 you get 20% off.

The popaball things are from Lakeland.

A book each and big bar/bag of their favourite snack.

hiimmumma Sun 29-Oct-17 19:14:53

Thank you all for suggestions.
Mini hampers is a good idea!

jocktamsonsbairn Sun 29-Oct-17 21:26:47

Popaball is fab! Tesco have a 3 pack of cocktail baubles in, I am convinced they are £5 but may be wrong.
Are 18/20 year olds at college/uni? They may like a big set of sharpie pens? Or costa vouchers? Greggs? My teenage DS loves a Greggs voucher! Cinema voucher? Could wrap up in a popcorn holder (£1 shop) and some popcorn. The 12 days Pringles scent calendar £7.99 which they could use for 12 days after Christmas plus something else.
Debenhams sale have got L’occitane sets reduced down to £16 which are lovely. I got dm the almond one.

guiltynetter Mon 30-Oct-17 18:04:43

@theimpsbabyghoul can you tell me where you got the good housekeeping deal? i’d like to get it for my mum!

TheImprobableGirl Tue 31-Oct-17 14:19:04

Just had a look @guiltynetter and there doesn't seem to be on currently, but they come up every couple of weeks ago, usually on the Martin Lewis website - keep an eye on the bargain thread boards because they usually get flagged up on there too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: