Talk

Advanced search

What to get four year old girl who has everything?

(56 Posts)
fucksakefay Sat 28-Oct-17 17:56:06

She's the youngest of three girls so we have
Millions of dressing up costumes
A ton of play doh
Trampoline
Dolls houses
Barbie galores
Play kitchen

The only thing I can think of is a play house for new house but the garden is a project in progress and I may get a much larger play equipment unit later on

She likes paw patrol which we didn't have much of as it s new since my older two were this age but it all seems to be plastic tat

Everything else she likes we have loads of....

Help!!

randomer Sat 28-Oct-17 17:57:31

You sound minted. Forget it.

educatingarti Sat 28-Oct-17 17:57:35

Paw patrol bedding, slippers, PJ's?

RebornSlippy Sat 28-Oct-17 17:58:44

Well since most of what you have is pre-owned or shared, she'll no doubt love anything that's new and all for her. I agree Paw Patrol stuff is largely plastic tat. But she likes it so I'd get her something.

If she's into crafts or the like Melissa and Doug do some lovely wooden bead sets. So maybe off set your plastic tat aversion with some nice wooden crafts?!

ValiaH Sat 28-Oct-17 18:01:10

Some of the Grimms play sets? Babipur have a few good ones which look fab and my 5 year old is excited by- they encourage open play, I'm planning to get her a couple of bits for Christmas this year. She loves playmobil and "small world" bits so something like that? Schleich animals?

HeteronormativeHaybales Sat 28-Oct-17 18:05:05

Lovely appropriately sized rucksack for her to carry her bits and bobs in when you go on walks/trips out? Purse to go with it?

Big box of crayon rocks and really nice paper for artwork?

Some lovely books and audiobooks?

Full-sized rocking horse?

'Posh' crockery for play kitchen?

Gorgeous patchwork quilt for her bed?

Thesmallthings Sat 28-Oct-17 20:08:20

Why should she forget it... I don't see your logic..

Id go for some paw patrol stuff.. cuddly toy... or figure..

Bean bag?

Caulk Sat 28-Oct-17 20:18:22

An easel and some paint?
Cookery Book?

What does she enjoy doing? Roller skates, plants for “her” part of the garden, dvd, glitter?

PinglePongle Sat 28-Oct-17 20:24:21

My 4 year old has asked for:

Fingerling
Chubby Puppies
Animagic dalmations
Pedal bike
LOL Big surprise (doubt I will get this as it looks junk)
Playmobil
Unicorn Teddy

Kragghooooooullllll Sat 28-Oct-17 20:27:07

Bilibo? I've bought one for 4yo dd and dn.

RippleEffects Sat 28-Oct-17 20:27:48

At four mine have enjoyed lego, remote control cars, vehicles, train sets, tool boxes with small hammer, screws and screwdriver. Puppet theatre with hand, finger and string puppets, bendaroos, crafts, crafts and more crafts.

We also had an old PS2 with some fab adventure games suitable for yonger ones.

They've also had various phases of loving a little garden truck that has become a bike trailer/ icecream stand/ fruit stall/ caravan for dolls.

MadameJosephine Sat 28-Oct-17 20:27:57

Last year we got DD a puppet theatre, she loved it. We actually got it second hand from eBay and it came with loads of finger puppets

Chocolateteabag Sat 28-Oct-17 20:29:29

Experience type gift such as tickets to see Peppa Pig/gruffalo/Disney on ice

Would be extra special if she went on her own and had a high tea somewhere? Maybe even an overnight stay?

Or some type of craft day - pottery painting?

Santawontbelong Sat 28-Oct-17 20:30:46

Personalised stuff that she will know is especially just for her?

whimsical1975 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:35:18

A teepee to play in and maybe a fun sleeping bag to go with it... she can camp out in the lounge or bedroom
CD player with microphone
A little travel case with wheels
Thomas Tank Engine train set
Swing or indoor swing pod

fucksakefay Sat 28-Oct-17 20:35:30

We're definitely not minted!
I've kept everything from my older two so there's only so many toys that can be bought when I've been through this stage twice before!! I've also been given lots of hand me downs from friends and relatives.

Thank you for all the helpful ideas. She's a very active wild sort of 4 year old not a sit and nicely do crafts. She loves school and bossing her big sisters around so I'm thinking a play easel so she can be teacher

fucksakefay Sat 28-Oct-17 20:38:44

Actually CD player and microphone is a good idea! Not got one of those!

Bilibo looks interesting but I suspect her sisters will try and play with it too

She definitely would love a day out with just me but I tend to not give these as xmas presents that they can't open on the day

Notalitigator Sat 28-Oct-17 20:41:16

Lakeshore toys. Unable to link for some reason but can buy on Amazon.

Almostthere15 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:42:57

What about a tipee for outdoors if she likes to be out. GLTC do some lovely ones.

Could you have a smallish present to open tied to the day out, e.g.. a train for Thomas land or a play tea set if you're doing afternoon tea?

elQuintoConyo Sun 29-Oct-17 00:01:41

Microscope for looking at bugs? With a pop-up insect book. Go hunting for worms etc in the garden.

Gardening stuff: little trowels etc, small wheelbarrow. We once went for a picnic with 3yo and found an abandoned (think snails and rainwater) plastic wheelbarrow. Still played with and he's about to turn 6! He wheels cars around, fills it with water or sand for rescuing playmobil figures, upside down it is a dangerous volcano with dinosaur figures. Such joy in my child's face every time!

CaretakerToNuns Sun 29-Oct-17 00:04:12

Maybe another silver spoon?

user1471530109 Sun 29-Oct-17 00:06:21

Only thing mine has asked for is a the vtec microphone.

She's also getting a wooden climbing frame with her sister and some guinea pigs (shock)

Not plastic tat here lol!

MyDcAreMarvel Sun 29-Oct-17 00:10:58

Albanians, playmobil, Lego and meccano.

rainbowduck Sun 29-Oct-17 00:15:20

I second Bilibos. We love ours and have a few in different colours.

What about a grimms rainbow? (My big kids still play with theirs, as I do sometimes!)

Or a music box? That's what my daughter has asked for. She got the vtech sing star last year and loves that.

rhubarbcrumble66 Sun 29-Oct-17 06:11:23

My almost four year old loves her little wooden play shop with fruit and veg, cash register etc. There are lots on amazon or you can get ones that convert to theatres from places like GLTC or Asda do one I think. Lots of nice accessories such as shopping trolleys etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now