Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas for one-year-old?

(11 Posts)
soundsystem Fri 27-Oct-17 14:32:46

Any suggestions?

DC2 will be one at the end of January so Christmas and birthday close together, and I'm a bit stuck for ideas.

Toys we already have in the house from older sibling:

Lots of Happyland
Some Duplo
Car garage thing
Scooter bug thing for the Summer
Lots of books
Shape sorter
Stacking cups

He's pretty happy-go-lucky, and at the moment is content to sit and chew on any of the above. He likes climbing and any singing toys.

NeitherNowtNorSummat01 Fri 27-Oct-17 16:36:20

www.hobbycraft.co.uk/colour-in-cardboard-castle-91-cm/618595-1000
I bought this for my 3 year old and opened it this week because there was a rainy day where we were stuck inside. My 1 year old has loved it! And it's going in recycling when it breaks because we already have too much clutter in our house
I can also highly recommend a click clack track
www.elc.co.uk/classic-wooden-toys/wooden-click-clack-track/138963.html

Plasticgold Fri 27-Oct-17 18:43:50

My DC2 will be 1 in November so I feel your pain.

He's getting toot toot drivers and track, a scuttle bug and wooden toys for open ended play so they can use them together. Have a look at Yes Bebe or Babipur for ideas.

SleepingInYourFlowerbed Fri 27-Oct-17 18:49:10

DS2 will be 1 just before Christmas. We're getting him a electronic drum for one and a steering wheel for the other. Then just a couple of books and some clothes. It's far more about the opening of the present than what's inside at 1 year old so nothing too exciting here.

MamaOfTwos Fri 27-Oct-17 18:59:31

I was coming to suggest happyland and duplo grin

OhOurBilly Fri 27-Oct-17 22:39:14

DS is one at the end of November. He's getting a trike for birthday and a trampoline for Christmas 😁 and bath toys, lots of bath toys that I can rotate.

emsmum79 Sat 28-Oct-17 09:44:53

www.toysrus.co.uk/babiesrus/bright-starts-hide-and-spin-monkey/TRUP1906800001/CF0001?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&utm_content=mobile&camp=CA:google:MCF:mobile&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0cH4qPaS1wIVC7cbCh2vMgn3EAQYAiABEgLB2PD_BwE

We got this for our dd when she was 6 months, she's now 2.5 and still plays with it every day.

AspelK Sat 28-Oct-17 11:23:27

My DS is 18 months. His favourite toys are: tea set, pushchair and doll, play food (he had 'picnics'), toy hoover. For Christmas he's getting a kitchen.

dramallamakarma Sat 28-Oct-17 11:32:47

I've just been looking at this (for my soon to be born DC2):

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/pre-school-and-electronic-learning/fisher-price/fisher-price-bright-beats-dance-and-move-beatbo/p/145688?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwaVqouT1wIVFOEbCh0YxwHyEAQYAyABEgI6KvDD_BwE

SimplyNigella Sat 28-Oct-17 12:42:29

DS is a January birthday too between his first Christmas and birthday we bought:

ELC wooden kitchen walker (he loved this and played with it everyday until grew too tall and it was replaced with a larger toy kitchen)
Uncle Goose alphabet blocks in trolley (still played with almost 3 years later)
Plum wooden sand and water table (again, still played with)

AvoidingDM Sun 29-Oct-17 07:10:31

Toot-toot
Ride on for outdoors
Extra duplo
Wooden blocks
Activity cube

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now