Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tincture or Smiggle advent calendar?

(14 Posts)
WhatAPigsEar Thu 26-Oct-17 15:31:02

Dd is desperate for one of these. Last year she had the Smiggle one and the yo-yo on day 1 broke instantly. Other gifts were ok and dd loved the calendar. Does anyone have any experience of the Tinc calendar? Usually I think tinc is better value but their calendar this year is £28 vs Smiggles £25.
I know they are v expensive but they will be Instead of some stocking fillers.

WhatAPigsEar Thu 26-Oct-17 15:32:06

Oh no!! Auto correct on the title!!! Should say Tinc or Smiggle blush

Lifeisabeach Thu 26-Oct-17 17:24:24

I’m on the hunt for a calendar for my DD who is 7. We had the Smiggle one last year and she liked it, although I wasn’t that impressed given the price! I’ve looked at Tinc too and it sounds as though it might be better quality.

There’s also one called Mrs Brimbles that looks good - I think it’s £25.99. It is a stationery one too.

I was googling last night and also found make up one in Superdrug called Flutter, and one called Tilly and Friends which is make up, nail varnishes etc. I didn’t really want to get DD one that was just make up though - I think there’s a gap in the market for a calendar with a few make up/beauty bits (lip glosses etc), plus hair slides and stationery. My DD would love it but I don’t think it exists!

Baileystruffle Thu 26-Oct-17 17:32:29

The Mrs Brimbles one is more expensive but much better quality, but I'd recommend it for an older child/teenager or an adult.

Trudee Thu 26-Oct-17 18:12:16

Just posted on the bargain thread about 20% off Smiggle which brings the advent calendar down to £20. I've just ordered 2 for my dc's. If you go in store you can ask to see the contents for this year smile

MoanerChopsis Fri 27-Oct-17 17:35:41

If you can't get into a store there are some smiggle ones being opened on YouTube

Lowdoorinthewal1 Fri 27-Oct-17 18:33:13

I've got DS a Tinc one after seemingly universal bad reviews of last year's Smiggle. I've watched a youtube unboxing of last year's Tinc one and it all looked like stuff DS would be pleased with.

Wellandtrulyoutnumbered Fri 27-Oct-17 22:14:35

Full contents here.

williamsworld.co.uk/christmas-2/smiggle-advent-calendar-2017-review-and-contents/

Currently debating too!

Wellandtrulyoutnumbered Fri 27-Oct-17 22:17:15

And full contents for Tinc
www.tinc.uk.com/tincspiration/advent-contents-page/

WhatAPigsEar Sat 28-Oct-17 21:41:10

Oops I forgot I’d posted this thread blush Thank you for the advice. I think given the discount code (thanks Trudee) I’ll go for the Smiggle one this year.
Fantastic to see the contents of them beforehand thanks Well

Wellandtrulyoutnumbered Sat 28-Oct-17 22:07:45

I brought one last night and added tons of offers in too whoops!

CotswoldStrife Sat 28-Oct-17 22:41:09

The tinc one looks good and there are two shops near me - tempted to get one for DD now.

Lowdoorinthewal1 Sun 29-Oct-17 07:45:41

Two things strike me- the Smiggle innards are not Christmassy, which you may or may not prefer. Also, to my eye, the Smiggle contents look like they have been aimed at girls (colourwise) whereas the Tinc one seems more neutral.

Lowdoorinthewal1 Sun 29-Oct-17 07:49:01

Actually, I don't think it is the colours that make Smiggle seem more aimed at girls- it's the more 'cutsey' design of the characters. That is a more general Smiggle thing though, I suppose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now