Talk

Advanced search

Present for childminder

(12 Posts)
Rainatnight Thu 26-Oct-17 15:10:38

Is this the done thing? How big/small? Ours is incredibly lovely and I'd like to get her something.

NeitherNowtNorSummat01 Thu 26-Oct-17 15:12:21

I got mine a Christmas decoration - a gorgeous personalised one. And a bottle of wine

SkafaceClaw Thu 26-Oct-17 15:12:53

I would have thought so. I always grab some nice bath/spa stuff for ours.

cece Thu 26-Oct-17 15:13:16

Plant for the garden.
Chocolates
Toiletries set
Prosecco or Christmas food goodies

slimyslitheryslug Thu 26-Oct-17 15:32:47

I always get a voucher for mine and then get the kids to make a card and let them loose in the chocolates aisle
of the supermarket & they choose something too. I don't know her at all well so wouldn't want to get her something too personal.

fucksakefay Thu 26-Oct-17 15:34:24

I give mine £70 - £80 ish gift voucher every year. She does loads for us

FilledSoda Thu 26-Oct-17 15:36:37

Yes, it's definitely the done thing.
Wine, vouchers ,candles etc
Not something your child made and not a photo of said child.

DelurkingAJ Thu 26-Oct-17 19:06:59

Bottle of bubbly and nice chocolates here (and a decent present for her lovely teenage daughter).

Rainatnight Thu 26-Oct-17 19:59:41

Brilliant ideas, thanks so much. She's very clean living and God-fearing so I'll leave the prosecco! She'd love a plant for the garden, so maybe that and a voucher

Stompythedinosaur Thu 26-Oct-17 21:28:52

I give my (much loved and very wonderful) childminder a gift bag with an expensive bottle of wine, posh box of chocs and a little present for each of her 4 kids.

I would sort of like to do more (she is really wonderful) but I think she'd fine a large voucher embarrassing.

glenthebattleostrich Thu 26-Oct-17 21:37:40

Honestly, the best present I get is a lovely message in a card (which I add to my file for when Ofsted come calling).

Although I never say no to wine or gin!

Last Christmas one of my clients gave me a basket with some of DDs favourite sweets, a lovely bottle of gin and some good tonic water. The note said how much we as a family do for their family and they hoped I didn't mind they'd got us a family gift as we all deserve a treat. That made me cry tbh!

And I probably have more photos of my clients Children than they do, as well as some lovely creations that they wanted me to have and I haven't the heart to throw away because my littles made it for me!

Blackandpurple Thu 26-Oct-17 22:26:26

My friend is a CM and totally appreciates a bottle of wine. A nice candle too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: