Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advent calendar ideas

(6 Posts)
Plasticgold Thu 26-Oct-17 09:38:57

For the past two years we've put little wooden tree decorations in DDs advent calendar that she then decorated her own tree with.
I'd like to do something different this year a) because we have a crawling baby who eats little things and b)she remembers them from last year so the surprise element won't be there.
I think I might put the decorations in too but want a surprise that isn't chocolate!
Any ideas?

FlaviaAlbia Thu 26-Oct-17 09:41:41

Could you do the same but mix up the order? And put the tree somewhere out of reach so you lift her up to put each decoration on?

It sounds like a really lovely tradition!

Ricekrispie22 Thu 26-Oct-17 12:00:38

Wentworth Puzzles do a gorgeous wooden set of 24 pieces for a Santa's workshop jigsaw-ish puzzle. www.wentworthpuzzles.com/m/new-christmas-collection-2017/product_594bff4c2d172.htm

Stompythedinosaur Thu 26-Oct-17 12:08:24

What age is it for, and how big are the drawers or pockets?

In previous years I have done:
Finger puppets
Hair clips and bands
Badges
Shopkins (big lot bought from Ali express)
Erasers shaped like animals
Stamper
Toy jewellery
Bouncy ball
Bubbles
Balloon
Party blower

This year I've got a set of little wind up toys from Ali express. I also save tat from forgotten party bags to put in the advent calendar.

Ricekrispie22 Thu 26-Oct-17 16:55:55

I've just remembered an alternative to the traditional door opening, called Elf for Christmas. It is a set of letters in mini numbered envelopes for every day of advent, supposedly written by an elf. The idea is to sneak them in with your post, and each day they receive an update on the latest goings on in the North Pole with reminders to send letters to Santa and funny stories from his workshop. I've just looked up the price and it's £13.

Plasticgold Thu 26-Oct-17 19:13:51

Thank you, I love the puzzle idea.

DD will be four and a half by Christmas, the calendar is wooden with small drawers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now