Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to put in a treat / pamper hamper for DM

(20 Posts)
Monr0e Wed 25-Oct-17 22:18:28

My lovely DM has had a rotten year. In the last 12 months she had to have her beloved dog and cat put to sleep then 2 weeks ago her mum, my lovely gran passed away.

She is a fantastic mum and gran to me and my 2 dc's and I'd love to put together a hamper of goodies to let her know how much she means to us. Unfortunately money is tight so it has to be thoughtful rather than expensive. So far I have thought of a jar of salted caramel spread (seen at the local national trust) and some face masks. She loves traditional sweets like cola cubes and pineapple chunks so I'm going to try and track those down too. Any other ideas?

DeadDoorpost Wed 25-Oct-17 22:33:15

I always opted for homemade sweet treats as well like gingerbread or shortbread biscuits, jams and maybe some sort of lotions. M&S did some fairly cheap lovely ones a few years back if I remember but wouldn't be able to tell you how much they were in the end.
Only problem is my DM is fussy as as anything so it didn't always go down well hmm but other friends or family liked them.

DeadDoorpost Wed 25-Oct-17 22:33:53

You can also make homemade bath bombs etc as well if you wanted to.

CupcakeEater Wed 25-Oct-17 22:35:35

candles, bubble bath, book, one glass bottle of wine/prosecco, chocolate

thesandwich Wed 25-Oct-17 22:38:10

What about little handwritten vouchers for a coffee out or trips out?
Magazine?

Monr0e Wed 25-Oct-17 22:49:58

Lovely ideas, thank you. I probably should have mentioned I am particularly terrible at home made / creative things so unfortunately will have to stick with shop bought.

I've started a list smile

13luckyblackcats Thu 26-Oct-17 13:12:32

What a lovely idea. Does she like a particular magazine or author? Something to read whilst pampering is always nice.

Leeds2 Thu 26-Oct-17 15:41:59

Fudge
A diary
Lip balm
Crossword book
Paperback
Lottery ticket
Socks
Gloves
Umbrella
Fancy tea bags
A china mug

Monr0e Thu 26-Oct-17 19:51:01

Loads of great ideas, thank you

She isn't a massive reader but might like a magazine. And definately some nice toiletries. I want to try and get her some nice foodie treats as well. And maybe a couple of individual drink bottles

Any tips on where to get a hamper basket at a reasonable price?

Baileystruffle Thu 26-Oct-17 20:28:57

The works sell baskets fairly cheaply

frustratedashell Thu 26-Oct-17 20:32:19

Wilkos have sold baskets in the past, or get a cardboard box and cover in xmas paper.

ShotsFired Thu 26-Oct-17 21:01:04

Whatever you get, if you can wrap everything individually it will show a real amount of effort and thought beyond what could just be small gifts. She will also have the fun of unwrapping lots!

Khaleesi0 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:04:27

www.keepitsweet.co.uk

They might have pineapple chunks and cola cubes? If not, there’s lots of other treats to choose from!

TryingtobePrepared Thu 26-Oct-17 21:25:37

What about pictures by the DC or of you and family maybe a little album or framed? Always feel guilty doing this, as it doesn't feel like a proper present to me, but grandparents love them. Even if you're not crafty Pinterest has some easy crafts for kids

BeaLola Fri 27-Oct-17 00:28:21

Great idea.

Prosecco lip balm
Salted caramel truffles
Nice Handcream
Hyacinth bulbs - planted up or a Christmas cactus
Bath oil
If your children are young could they sing a Carol that you record onto a cd?
Picture of you all that you make into a calendar
Re box/basket - if you have an Aldi/Lidl near you one of their sturdy boxes covered in wrapping paper and then cellophane over top.also chocolate stirrers for drinks
Small perfume samples
Lovely biscuits
Printed pack of tissues - frivolous, cheap but make you smile
£ shop had some lovely Santa/snowman mugs
Magazine
Cinema tickets
Lottery scratch card
Soap

Southlondonmum76 Fri 27-Oct-17 04:54:21

DVD/cd
Nice teabags/selection of fruity teas
Good quality coffee
Selection of hot choc sachets
Nice Chocolates
Small baileys and truffles (if she likes baileys or another small bottle of something)
Shortbread
Chutney
Cakes (M&S do lovely mini Victoria sponges 4 in box, really yummy!)
Selection of nail polish
Lottery ticket/stractch cards
Nice writing paper (if she enjoys writing letters)

Oceangirl82 Fri 27-Oct-17 04:59:14

If I need a 'hamper' basket I go along to charity shops and ask, they usually have a variety of sizes stashed away in the back and at resonablae prices.

Cupoteap Fri 27-Oct-17 05:58:53

M&S do a naice box of choc biscuits that are very treaty due to being cover in half a pound of choc each!

rizlett Fri 27-Oct-17 06:29:15

Last year M&S did a record a message biscuit tin.

Monr0e Fri 27-Oct-17 09:17:27

Amazing ideas. Can't wait to get started. For the last 10 years the dc's have always done a hamper for their grandma but it was a much more practical one. More tins of peaches than prosecco lip balm! This year they can do it for gran and I'll take them shopping to choose some lovely bits to go in it. They always loved packing the box and rearranging everything to fit. They've even decorated boxes in the past so if we can't find a suitable basket we will make our own. Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now