Thread 12 - the one where we are all going to need fingerlings(1000 Posts)
This thread is not accepting new messages.
Please login first.
Welcome one and all, see post two for links
Referrals are sneaking into the thread, please use this separate thread thank you
So, info below is hopefully helpful and links below are for some of the frequented websites from the page. If you know of a website that would be good to add please let me know .
Since it's so popular now there would just be too many links in the link post, and I'd go slightly unhinged attempting to get them all in, so I'm fine tuning and doing generic site links rather than specific product links (unless there's something so brilliant that consensus is to add it here). If there's a stupendous code that could do with adding on here let me know bold and big is really helpful for me . Hope you find it useful.
Predicted by fireflygirl the 25%off Sainsbury's dates:
(They were right on all but one last year
24 October 2017
27 November 2017
Black Friday will be on Friday 24th November this year, and Monday 27th will be Cyber Monday
18th October 2017
Looks like this will be the date for Sainsbury's big toy sale this year so save the date! Will update if I hear any different.
It's usually really good instore
Sockeatingmonster’s top tips about aliexpress:
I have used Aliexpress quite a bit over the last few years. My tips/observations are:
1. Check reviews
2. Be wary of plastic toys. There have been concerns about toxic plastics from China, and I have binned plastic figures for having very unpleasant smells. I no longer buy any 'low-end' plastic items and only ever from sellers with lots of positive reviews
3. Aliexpress refund/complaints procedure is actually way more straightforward than eBay, and stacked in the buyer's favour
4. Beware of mains operated electricals, many of which are supplied without fused plugs. Always message the seller first if in doubt, don't rely on the photos
5. I don't trust dress up clothes to be flame retardant, although I don't believe this is UK law anyway?
6. Clothes can come up very small. Quality can be variable (excellent to awful). Photos are often of similar items, so take them with a pinch of salt and check the reviews.
7. Actually, all photos on Aliexpress should be taken with a pinch of salt. Again, check reviews (where buyers often post photos of the actual item received)
8. I wouldn't trust toys to meet UK safety standards and wouldn't buy anything that could pose a risk (e.g. Paint might not be safe for children to gum, there could be sharp edges/choking hazards, etc)
9. Lego alternatives don't tend to stick together as well as genuine Lego. Minifigures are still excellent value, but the odd one might benefit from a few drops of superglue.
10. Barbie and other doll clothes can be excellent value, but check reviews for fabric quality and finish
11. Stationery is generally excellent value, although paper quality can be lower than expected. Type 'kawaii' into stationery and be prepared to spend a fortune!
Bargain crazy website here an outlet for very and littlewoods
Camera price buster here . Useful if you're buying a new camera
Joules eBay outlet here
Lisa Angel here
Studio have some well priced items but quality on everything isn't amazing here
Super saver delivery tool is a fab website where it will find low value items on amazon to take your shopping basket to £20 to qualify for free super saver delivery when you're getting close here
Toys for a pound toysforapound.com
Wonderbly (formally lost my name) here
Thanks for the new thread!
Does anyone know of any good magazine subscription offers? I was going to get Red for sil’s bday, has it in my basket ages but when I’ve tried to check out the offer has expired & I can’t find any other decent offers on that or anything else.....
Lego cargo terminal (60169) is down to £45.99 on Amazon - lowest price according to ccc. Good for truck obsessed kids - includes a fork lift and pallets!
Thanks for the thread. Was in The Entertainer in Silverburn in Glasgow today and they had the swing set Fingerlings if they’re required. I picked up a tamagotchi —promise it isn’t for me—
Kindle paperwhites reduced by £20 to £89.99 in amazon at the moment
And Lostmyrubyslippers heres the list of mag subscriptions from moneysavingexpert. Scroll to the bottom to find the most recent ones.
Now is a good time to get a free trial of Amazon Prime. It lasts for 30 days and gets you free next day delivery or an Amazon video credit if you're happy to wait.
(I get £1 if anyone signs up for a trial through my link.)
right that's it... i've avoided it so far... but it's made the thread title so i'm twitching. off to find out what these fingerling things are.
My Fingerling is waiting to be collected at the weekend from the Entertainer. Getting it was very easy, so hopefully nobody will be disappointed!
I can't find the link but someone posted a thread on money saving expert a few threads back which had info on all the current magazine subscriptions.
Nearly done but I just can’t tear my eyes away! I missed the lego Catamaran down at £37 on Amazon. Shout if you see it this cheap again 😘
Could someone please explain what the offer with pact coffee is? Have I missed it? I didn’t think I needed it but now I think I need something to go into my EB mugs!
That was for lostmy...I see baileys already posted while I've been looking sorry
Been loitering for a while again this year and am way behind with purchases. Only got one thing which was the mini instax camera....which was then cancelled by currys!
Anyway.....MAGIC20 will get you 20% off at Disney store at the moment.
Anyone have a recommendation for a drone with camera. Just a basic one as only really looking at around £30 as I suspect it will be a novelty that won't last long! There are quite a few about for the money, obviously wouldn't expect photo quality to be up to much. But a recommendation for model or supplier is always good to have.
Checking in. Missed nearly the whole last thread, you lot move fast
This make your own pinball set is lovely and makes a nice gift
Pooh's Christmas Letters down to £2.59 on amazon. It has good reviews. here
Not sure if this has been mentioned but 6£ off a 50£+ spend at Smyths online (WT6) and 12£ off 100£+ (WT12) until Tuesday 31st. Free delivery over 20£.
This thread is not accepting new messages.
Please login first.