Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Smiggle

(11 Posts)
SparklingMonkey Wed 25-Oct-17 12:02:26

Just wondering if smiggle is worth the money? I'm looking a getting my kids new lunchboxes, drinks bottles and backpacks (always get them a new lunchbox and drinks bottle in their stocking) and I love the designs. There are some lovely, girly but not pink and sparkly ones for my eldest!

However they work out about double what I'd normally spend. Just wondering if I can justify the cost?!

Ricekrispie22 Wed 25-Oct-17 12:41:01

I've never bought from Smiggle but I'd have a look on Becky and Lolo for reasonably priced lunchboxes

Frege Wed 25-Oct-17 13:15:38

No- bad quality and horrible designs (IMO). Have you looked at Tinc?

WaxOnFeckOff Wed 25-Oct-17 13:18:17

I got pencil cases and stuff to go in them in the sale for 8 of my Great nephews and nieces and it seems fine - wouldn't have paid full price for it though. Everything I bought was less than half price.

ChocolatePHD Wed 25-Oct-17 13:24:00

Ds has had two snap bands, a water bottle and a backpack from Smiggle. Only the backpack lasted more than two minutes.

SparklingMonkey Wed 25-Oct-17 13:43:59

Arh yeah it's the back packs, water bottle and lunchbox I'm looking at, with a 20% off code.

That's such a shame, seems like from what people are saying they have much more style than substance :/

Annwithnoe Wed 25-Oct-17 13:46:47

Our pencil cases lasted 1day and 4 days of school angry badly designed, impractical junk imo but hugely popular

Ricekrispie22 Wed 25-Oct-17 14:47:47

Tinc is a similar brand with better durability.

SparklingMonkey Wed 25-Oct-17 15:03:26

Thank you everyone smile going to go look at the other suggestions, and won't be buying from smiggle! Not only would I be annoyed at wasting money if the stuff breaks, but I'd be left dealing with very disappointed kids which is not worth the risk!

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Wed 25-Oct-17 15:05:47

The quality is utter crap, unfortunately. Expensive, throwaway tat.

No1blueengine Wed 25-Oct-17 15:32:29

the backpacks are good we have found. I have two girls who have dragged them all over the playground for 2 years and they are going strong. The fabric 2 tiered lunch boxes have stood the test of time too.

The water bottles are pretty but absolutely rubbish. We had one crack after being dropped on carpet, returned and then the replacement cracked when it fell into the sink. We got a refund on that and didn't replace.

We also have a couple of pencil cases. The hard tops ones have been terrible value for money and didnt last. Clasps broke, plastic cracked etc. The soft ones with the zip have been much better and my eldest's is now in its 3rd year.

Last christmas i got DD1 a book light so she could read in bed. It was kind of cat shaped, pink and she loved it. It completely snapped off its stalk after 2 days. I got a replacement and the same thing happened.

I think this year they will likely get some smiggle stuff in their stockings, but probably low tech, like the unicorn goo. DD2 is quite keen for her own wallet so maybe we will look at those too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now