Talk

Advanced search

First Christmas

(14 Posts)
samatamfabahaba Tue 24-Oct-17 21:30:00

It’ll be my DD’s first Christmas this year, she’ll be 6 months old and will no doubt be spoilt rotten by family so we’ve decided that we aren’t going to buy her presents (well... I say that but I know what I’m like) but I really want to get her something that I can say “this was your first ever Christmas present” in years to come. Something beautiful and special... but what? I don’t see the point in me buying, wrapping then unwrapping her presents 😂 so I’m not going OTT.

QuopQuop Tue 24-Oct-17 21:43:50

I would go with something Christmassy. Like first ever decoration or something that you can get out every year and that will make it special. An angel for your tree or a really nice Christmas snow globe.

I can't really think of anything (not Christmassy) that would be special in years to come. I'm imagining what my DD and DS have in their rooms. hmm

What about a Christmas book with a photo of you all in.

We have a copy of the night before Christmas and at the back we add a picture of all of us on xmas day that year. We have had to add pages to it as the years go on to hold the pictures but I love it. Something like that to add to?

A nice bottle of wine....... keep it and open it on the Christmas when she turns 18. (My godparents done this for my brothers christening and it was great fun opening it and tasting it!

koalab Tue 24-Oct-17 21:45:09

A quilt or bear made from first baby clothes.

tinytoucan Wed 25-Oct-17 00:00:42

A posh bear (one for keeping rather than playing with). Or a Christmas tree ornament.

peachy94 Wed 25-Oct-17 00:05:46

if you want to spend more a nice piece of jewellery for when she older?

clary Wed 25-Oct-17 00:11:55

I got mine a nice storybook, but I really like the idea of a Christmas ornament that you can get out every year smile

Notyetthere Wed 25-Oct-17 02:26:28

Mine will also be 6 months and I have bought her a Harrods Christmas bear with year stitched on it.

beingsunny Wed 25-Oct-17 02:54:04

I buy a Christmas story every year and let DS pick out a new ornament for the tree

KC225 Wed 25-Oct-17 07:40:46

Some lovely personalised Christmas ornaments on notonthehighstreet

Lovemusic33 Wed 25-Oct-17 08:35:55

Disney store are doing plushes for £12 and you get the child's name put on for free (might be able to get the date and 1rst Christmas on there too), that's if your in to Disney (not everyone's cup of tea), I was thinking of getting one for my granddaughters 1st Christmas.

Dobbyandme Wed 25-Oct-17 18:53:25

Pandora type bracelet and a Christmassy charm, that you can add to for other occasions (first birthday, starting school etc)?

Would also second a memory bear made from 0-6 month clothing.

ParkheadParadise Wed 25-Oct-17 19:10:45

My DN got dd2 Night Before Christmas talking bear for her first Christmas, you can personalize it to include your dc's name.

samatamfabahaba Wed 25-Oct-17 19:56:25

Thank you all so much, I think I’ll get a lovely ornament for the tree and a teddy with her baby grow she wore home the day she was born. ❤️

BiddyPop Thu 26-Oct-17 12:35:55

We got a copy of "Twas the night before Christmas", which we read to DD as her bedtime story on her first Christmas Eve (she turned 1 on Boxing Day) and it has been the staple bedtime story on 24th Dec ever since (she's now almost 12).

I also got a hard backed Complete Beatrix Potter collected stories - that we read hundreds of times over the years at bedtimes.

And a couple of toys - 1 lights and sounds type, which was sort of popular, but the big hit was an ELC tractor with a detatchable trailor carrying a horse and a cow that could be made to walk down the ramp of the trailor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now