Talk

Advanced search

Harry Potter gifts

(50 Posts)
WreckTangled Mon 23-Oct-17 16:34:46

Dd loves Harry Potter, she is 7. Ds is only 4 but likes to copy his sister. I was wondering if we could have s thread where we post any good Harry Potter bits we see, cheaper the better!

I went to primark (Oxford st) but all they had were pjs so got dd those. There’s a hoody on amazon for £12.99 which I’ll probably get.

cluelessinstyle Mon 23-Oct-17 16:40:33

Look on eBay for bits from China. Last year got a time Turner necklace for 99p. Quality not the same as the expensive originals, but certainly not bad for 99p posted. Things from China take about a month to arrive, so you still have time to order before Xmas and it arrive

GooodMythicalMorning Mon 23-Oct-17 16:42:16

Amazon has lots of nice affordable harry potter gifts.

Japanese Mon 23-Oct-17 16:43:05

Have you tried Tottenham Court Rd Primark? They had lots & lots of HP things when I was there last week. The section was right by the door when you go through Tottenham Ct Rd entrance.

WreckTangled Mon 23-Oct-17 16:43:56

Japanese that’s the one I went into and I couldn’t see anything! Loads of Christmas bits though..:

4yoniD Mon 23-Oct-17 16:44:26

Weirdly I have an email from stocking-fillers.co.uk about Harry Potter stocking fillers! Can't remember signing up, but I do sign up to a lot of random shit . Was going to take a look later.

AdalindSchade Mon 23-Oct-17 16:45:43

I bought a wand from China on eBay for £5, it broke after a while but was fun while it lasted.
Bought a t shirt printed with 'I solemnly sweat I am up to no good' which has washed and worn well for 2 years, cost about £10
We have the Harry Potter trivial pursuit which is a bit of a waste of money unless you find it on special offer
Top trumps are fun and good to get younger children reading and doing sums

Japanese Mon 23-Oct-17 16:49:24

They had lots of PJs, dressing gowns, slippers, shirts, hoodies, lights, socks, bags, wallets, key rings, other random stuff. Not in the children's section so clothes prob too big but the random stuff would have been ok. Am guessing you've already tried the HP shop at King's Cross?

I also saw this morning that they had some HP clothing in Tesco.

Japanese Mon 23-Oct-17 16:50:39

Harrods also have a HP section in their toys department - not bargainous of course!

WreckTangled Mon 23-Oct-17 16:53:33

Unfortunately I was only in London yesterday, I wonder if I completely missed it? Feeling annoyed now but am going back in a couple of weeks.

Oh yes top trumps is a great idea.

Thanks 4yoni off to look.

ImminentDisaster Mon 23-Oct-17 16:56:47

Asda are selling tiny metal collectible figurines of the characters. (found in the toy aisle).

Toomanycats99 Mon 23-Oct-17 17:59:19

@WreckTangled

It’s basically a shop within a shop. It’s to the right of tills on ground floor. If you come in from Tottenham Court Road you go straight in. If you come from Oxford Street you need to go through whole shop and it’s sort of at the back.

WitchesHatRim Mon 23-Oct-17 18:00:54

Test has lots of or at least used to have, hairclips and bobbles.

WreckTangled Mon 23-Oct-17 18:09:38

Ah thanks toomany I’m really annoyed I didn’t ask now!

RenardeRenarde Mon 23-Oct-17 18:20:56

EMP have loads of HP stuff, the clothes will be too large for children but the bags/necklaces/figures would be ok and most are pretty cheap.
www.emp.co.uk/fan-merch/harry-potter/

You can get another 15% off sale items TODAY only with FLASH17

WitchesHatRim Mon 23-Oct-17 18:25:26

*Etsy not Test!

chouxfleur Mon 23-Oct-17 19:01:26

I got my DC a sorting hat bath bomb from Etsy. They have a hidden charm representing one of the Hogwarts houses in the middle and they turn the bath water the appropriate colour too.

WreckTangled Mon 23-Oct-17 19:07:00

Ooo thanks everyone

Wiifitmama Mon 23-Oct-17 19:15:41

www.qwertee.com often have HP themed t-shirts. They do kids sizes. My boys have had them over the years and love them.

Chimchar Wed 25-Oct-17 06:58:32

Primark have loads of bits in the Home section...signs, door hangers, mirrors, cushions, fluffy Hedwig cushions etc...

Millions of socks too in the ladies dept. They’re pretty small, so would be fine for kids.

I’ve seen on Instagram and advert for a little music box which plays the theme when you turn the handle...eBay had them cheaper, but not that cheap.

At a show, there was a Harry Potter stand. I bought a fidget spinner in the shape of a golden snitch. Their stuff was really lovely quality, and fab greetings cards too (not Christmassy though). www.wizwares.com

Chimchar Wed 25-Oct-17 07:04:55

Posted too soon!

Check eBay for ‘Harry Potter potion box’ for lovely decorative storage boxes.

Also, there are the most beautiful books out illustrated by Jim Kay. They come out one book a year...three are available. I’m going to get them all as a family keepsake!

https://www.bookdepository.com/Harry-Potter-and-the-Philosophers-Stone-J.-K.-Rowling/9781408845646?redirected=true&utmmedium=Google&utmm_campaign=Base1&utmsource=UK&utmm_content=Harry-Potter-and-the-Philosophers-Stone&selectCurrency=GBP&w=AFC7AU96GFVBYSA80CJ5A79L&pdg=kwd-104397809859:cmp-706433716:adg-37748958195:crv-162357370532:pid-9781408845646&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7u794yL1wIVyW4bCh3oVg1pEAkYAyABEgLTHPDD_BwE

WreckTangled Wed 25-Oct-17 07:08:30

Ooo thank you! I’m definitely going to go back to primark. Will go to Guildford Saturday and back to London in a couple of weeks.

I bought her a hoody from amazon pretty sure it’s just a fruit of the loom one with a print on but she won’t know the difference.

Chimchar Wed 25-Oct-17 07:10:34

Last one now I’m over-invested and late for work.

Lush had bath bombs...not sure if they are Halloween ones...one is called Dark Arts. Smells nice. Leaves the bath BOGGING. smile

Lovemusic33 Wed 25-Oct-17 08:32:48

We have bought quite a few bits from primark. You can buy the POP figures, they are expensive but cute (Emp sell them as well as some other HP bits), Amazon have some cheap jewlery and HP fidget spinners.

Boffered1 Wed 25-Oct-17 10:54:10

Very have some Harry Potter bits. They're not particularly cheap though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: