Talk

Advanced search

6 year old dd? any of you got great success stories?

(37 Posts)
BastardGoDarkly Mon 23-Oct-17 15:56:08

She's very arty, so has all of that, could do with more (mess) craft stuff I guess.

She plays intermittently with barbies.

Same with baby born/Annabelle.

She asked for hatchimal twins thing, but after reading on here, that's a no, same for chocolate coin maker.

But they're all she's asked for!

Help!

lottieandmia22 Mon 23-Oct-17 18:29:56

Why don’t you want to get her the Hatchimal thing?

Adults don’t have the same taste as children - I think we should get what they ask for within reason. They all grow up far too fast.

LilQueenie Mon 23-Oct-17 18:32:40

Try seeing if you can win one. That's what I did and got lucky. If she hasn't asked for much then why not? also the chocolate maker is something DD has asked for. I'm looking the one in asda. They have paw patrol or my little pony ones as part of a deal.

Swirlingasong Mon 23-Oct-17 18:33:20

Lego friends? Vouchers for a pottery painting place or something? Sets of books?

FarceFace Mon 23-Oct-17 18:33:25

Craft4kids has a paint your own silk scarf my 6 yo craft and barbie loving dd is keen on - bakerross also great for ceramic things to paint, dd loves her hedgehog/owl/tree decorations to paint from them and good presents for family too.

FarceFace Mon 23-Oct-17 18:35:12

Oh and my dd is desperate for a hatchimal, I’ve given in after 3 attempts to talk her out over a sustained time as she really does want the overpriced tat, and thus has been tested with various alternative suggestions

lottieandmia22 Mon 23-Oct-17 19:33:55

They all ask for the chocolate coin thing don’t they?!

Pansiesandredrosesandmarigolds Mon 23-Oct-17 19:39:15

Train set? I know it’s different from what she seems to play with now, but they are such brilliant toys.

BastardGoDarkly Tue 24-Oct-17 01:20:41

Hi, I've just got in from work.

Thanks for the suggestions smile

Lottie Its not the money, or that its tat, its that she won't enjoy it for long, I've yet to speak to a person who's child has played with it over and over!

HollyBollyBooBoo Tue 24-Oct-17 03:15:56

Sparkle Science and chocolate coin maker were big hits with my 6yo last year. As was Lego Friends which she is now addicted to.

lottieandmia22 Tue 24-Oct-17 03:40:12

I agree - often these things are a 5 minute wonder but still I personally don’t think that matters in a sense. I know what you mean though...

Ttbb Tue 24-Oct-17 03:45:36

What about sone dressing up things? I used to love dress ups at that age.

Phillipa12 Tue 24-Oct-17 05:04:34

Doodle bear (you can colour bear in then wash him in machine and start again)

Modestandatinybitsexy Tue 24-Oct-17 05:39:12

Goldie blox can be built in various different ways, shouldn’t get boring too fast!

coolaschmoola Tue 24-Oct-17 05:59:44

My dd was six last month. So far the birthday presents that are played with most are Fingerlings (brilliant), Descendants dolls, craft stuff and Lego Friends.

coolaschmoola Tue 24-Oct-17 06:00:33

I have no idea what I'm going to get her for Christmas though!

BastardGoDarkly Wed 25-Oct-17 15:39:04

I can't find any fingerlings in stock!! I've set up alerts on ToyRus, so just hoping they get some in.

I've also bought her..... A bike! The one she's got is getting a bit small, I'd usually wait until her birthday in May, but the other won't last that long I don't think.

MrsPworkingmummy Wed 25-Oct-17 15:59:50

My DD is very crafty and the main arty thing we are buying her for Christmas are:
- Pottery Cool studio pottery wheel
- Jumbo pack of Bunchems
- Nail art studio
- jelly mound, lolly mound and a chefs hat

She has also put a hatchimal on her list, but I'm not buying one. I've got her the mini set (for about a fiver). She's also asked for a Micro Sprite balance scooter so that is her main gift from us. I bought her a lockable smiggle diary, some scented pens and paints too.

aurorie11 Wed 25-Oct-17 16:01:36

My 7 year old loves twin Hatchimals. Chocolate coin maker got binned after one go, too much faff

shebebutlittle Wed 25-Oct-17 16:23:33

I'm stuck a bit this year with DD6. Really I'd like to avoid overpriced nonsense like Lucy Dog etc. but I might have to get a Fingerling.

She is getting some glittery boots though, which she will LOVE grin0

BastardGoDarkly Wed 25-Oct-17 16:30:25

I've also bought a Lego friends set, and a fluffy unicorn keyring.

She wants her own tablet, so if I get her one for around £50 and a fingerling, she'll be about done, except stocking fillers.

BastardGoDarkly Wed 25-Oct-17 16:32:04

MrsP please make a rule about not throwing the bunchems, I had to cut about 20 out of dds hair last year! confused

They all went in the bin after that.

OutM3 Wed 25-Oct-17 16:41:14

ukelele
large rocking horse
sylvanian families camper van and car
playdough
bike

Singleandproud Wed 25-Oct-17 16:52:00

Doggy doo was a massive hit with DD when she was 6 it was the only thing she had asked for and I made a big fuss that it wasn't coming into our house because it was disgusting and then it was the present she got from Santa. The smile on her face was priceless.

As a random present I brought DD some massive playing cards from Band M yesterday for £3 and she played with them non-stop for 4 hours making card towers (and yelling at anyone who had the audacity to go into the lounge and 'move the air'). So they would be quite good as an extra.

MrsPworkingmummy Wed 25-Oct-17 17:25:04

@BastardGoDarkly. Thanks. I've heard horror stories about Bunchems getting stuck in hair. My DD has nearly thigh length hair too so I think it will be a no throwing, hair tied back and safety goggles set up. Ha! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now