Talk

Advanced search

Decent socks???

(5 Posts)
Thisandthat2017 Sun 22-Oct-17 21:56:13

Can anyone talk to me about great men's Socks? Incredibly hard to buy for hubby would actually appreciate this type of gift.

Minster2012 Sun 22-Oct-17 22:12:49

Everyday socks or walking socks? I was bought some socks by my DH last year, real funky ones by a company called Braintree, which are now called Thought, I also bought my DF & dB some with bikes on (cycling fans). Mine are my go to socks daily I've found, they wash brilliantly, have no seams, are nice & decent thickness, keep their shape & look fab (mine have funky animals on bright backgrounds). I've asked my DP for some more for Xmas as I basically keep rotating them! They are expensive in shops (£5 per pair?) or you can get them on eBay in some older designs under Braintree brand 4 for £12 .

If you want even better quality I've just bought some walking socks (but they do everyday ones too it seems) called Perilla Alpaca Socks which are lovely & super thick (the walking ones) & claim to only need washing once a week (so far I've worn mine for 3 days & about 15 miles dog walking & im prepared to wear them again!) & they are the toastiest socks I've ever had for my freezing feet. £18 each though & hand wash on wool cycle but claim to last 3 years. Bought a pair each for walking parent fans for Xmas & another for me!

Trumpton Sun 22-Oct-17 22:23:34

May I suggest my friends mohair socks from her own goats . I have bought DD's DH them every year and he says they are the best socks in the world. As above not cheap but £20 worth of heaven.
www.manxmohair.com

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 22-Oct-17 22:48:28

I buy DH socks from Costco (Pringle ones last time round)

For DD and I they had Carole Hochman soft fluffy socks <<<ahhh>>> luxe

Thisandthat2017 Mon 23-Oct-17 06:57:56

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

It is everyday socks that I'm looking for. He likes them quite boring - I bought m&s ones last year with one small bike at the top and he 'wasn't sure on them.' They are his go to favourites now. Seamless sounds good. I will check out those Braintree ones now. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now