Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for 8 year old boy?

(15 Posts)
ImADingleDangleScarecrow Sun 22-Oct-17 13:01:08

Am totally stumped as to what to get 8 year old godson so all ideas welcome please. I’ll have to post present to him (or canorder online & get it sent directly to his house). Budget no more than £30.

Not really sure what 8 year old boys are in too but he’s overflowing with Lego so need a different idea than that! He a bit of a hipster cool kid (though he’s not precocious- honestly! grin)

TIA

ImADingleDangleScarecrow Sun 22-Oct-17 13:02:01

Ignore spelling mistakes and bad grammar blush am typing on a phone with a cracked screen (thanks DD).

Ricekrispie22 Sun 22-Oct-17 14:25:51

Here are some links to ideas which I hope will suit.

www.wickeduncle.co.uk/presents/boys/age-8/technoballs-construction
www.wickeduncle.co.uk/presents/boys/age-8/neon-rim-wall-clock
www.wickeduncle.co.uk/presents/boys/age-8/black-interactive-glow-t-shirt---age-7-8

My son is 9 and has a subscription to Owl Magazine. Not what it sounds. Quite cool and tech based. £32 for the year.

thegreylady Sun 22-Oct-17 16:21:53

My 8 year old grandson loves the big hardback illustrated Harry Potter books. He has read the whole series but wants to collect them all. Number 3Prisoner of Azkaban is on Amazon reduced to £15.
He also wants a Paris St Germain football strip so he is sorted!

Crabbo Sun 22-Oct-17 21:55:04

Comic subscription (my daughter isn’t old enough yet but I’ve heard The Phoenix is good), starter wood whittling kit, one of those little robots you build and program yourself.

Isadora2007 Sun 22-Oct-17 22:00:40

An electronic remote controlled plane or drone type thing? Debenhams had 40% off today.

Passthecake30 Sun 22-Oct-17 23:40:08

A Game voucher?

Lego Technic

Circuit board

Spy kit

Percy Jackson dvds

Make your own solar power robot kits (etc!)

ImADingleDangleScarecrow Mon 23-Oct-17 09:15:24

Thanks for the ideas.

I’ve got him a toy shop voucher the last couple of times for birthday/Christmas (can’t remeber the name of shop - the big one that’s not Toys R Us). I sway between thinking it’s a lazy half arsed present and thinking it’s a great idea as at least he can pick what he wants!

Nanasueathome Mon 23-Oct-17 09:20:58

I was a,so going to come in and recommend the Harry Potternillustrated books
My grandson will be 8 in January and I have bought these for him the last 2 christmases
The 3rd one is out now and I have just received this from Amazon
Like someone said above, they are £15 each so within budget and it makes it easier for the following years as you can add to the collection

Nanasueathome Mon 23-Oct-17 09:23:02

The Paris St Germain football strip is over £80 if you have name in the back, although Kitbag do have some reductions now..
I had a 10% discount from there as a new buyer
Grandson ‘needed’ the Neymar away strip

Introvertedbuthappy Mon 23-Oct-17 09:27:47

We're getting DS1 a Microbot ph kit - you can make a mini golf set and lots of other things depending on how you programme it. He loves coding so is perfect for him, we're getting him the deluxe version for £40, but basic is for £20. You can programme the LEDs to show different images etc. Great fun and multifunctional.

Introvertedbuthappy Mon 23-Oct-17 09:31:04

A subscription to Phoenix comics could also be good. Very funny and a good dry sense of humour in them.

ArbitraryName Mon 23-Oct-17 09:37:26

Yes. The Phoenix is excellent. DS2 gets excited about it arriving in the post every week. I thought it might wear off, but it’s been a year and he’s still excited to see it arrive.

Avebury Mon 23-Oct-17 09:51:01

Pin Art
Bop It
One of those sour jelly bean games
Magic 8 ball

Avebury Mon 23-Oct-17 09:52:39

But the biggest hit present for that age has always been a remote controlled fart machine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now