Talk

Advanced search

Family presents

(8 Posts)
SweetPeaPods Sun 22-Oct-17 07:44:59

I'm looking for some ideas on what to do for adult family presents.
We have done the usual everyone buys everyone a present, we have done a secret Santa using Elfster but as we won't all be together on Christmas Day this won't work as well this year. We have done a home made Christmas where everyone has to make something instead of buying a gift which I loved but everyone else moaned about.
We're really trying to keep costs down for my sister and Mum especially so all in less than £100 if possible and there will be 5 maybe 6 adults. So if you do something different what to you do?

Ricekrispie22 Sun 22-Oct-17 07:57:06

What if everyone skipped buying gifts altogether and pooled their money for something everyone could enjoy? That could mean renting a hot tub, getting tickets to a sporting event, or some other special treat. This one isn’t always possible because of the difficulty of getting everyone on the same page, but when it works out, it can be great.

SweetPeaPods Sun 22-Oct-17 19:37:52

rice I thought of that, thank you, it would be great however we live over 300 miles apart so not sure how easy it will be practically. Will definitely suggest it though thanks

goose1964 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:41:37

Really boring but we used to do tons of posh biscuits, bottles of wine per family

goose1964 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:42:03

Tins not tons

SweetPeaPods Sun 22-Oct-17 21:16:21

Goose that's what we tend to do for extended family but my brother and sisters live at home (21-28) so not sure would go down too well with them.

SierraFerrara Sun 22-Oct-17 21:21:18

Goose, tons sounds better. smile

Pool money together?

Would your family approve donating to charity instead as it sounds like it's more a traditional than actual.proper gifts iyswim? I absolutely would but I know my parents would hate the idea.

Or you could all buy each other toasted tea cakes so you can eat them at home away from those rampant blue veined boobs that follow you around? Sorry, couldn't resist. wink

SweetPeaPods Thu 26-Oct-17 13:23:29

Sadly charity is out though good point, we do quite a lot of charity work all year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now