Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kindle fire

(6 Posts)
HastingsLikeTheBattle Sat 21-Oct-17 17:39:13

DD currently has an old Samsung galaxy tab, which is mainly used for YouTube, Netflix and the various game apps - think FarmVille level smile

The main issue is that the galaxy is only 8gb. I've seen a kindle fire 32gb for £100 - would she be able to use the fire in the same way as the galaxy? I thought kindles were just for reading blush

Redglitter Sat 21-Oct-17 17:42:42

A kindle fire is a tablet. A kindle is an e reader

The only thing that's put me off a Fire is I was told the choice of apps isn't as good as using Google play or the iPad equivalent

MotherofA Sat 21-Oct-17 18:37:48

I had a fire and it was crap! There are so many apps you can’t get on it and it started not charging properly then finally packed in completely after a year .
You could try a pre loved iPad ? Or an iPod touch .

HastingsLikeTheBattle Sat 21-Oct-17 18:52:54

Thanks, I'll stay away from the fire then!

We do need either iTunes or google play, I was thinking of iPod touch but I think she likes the bigger screen - less easy to lose.

Makemineacabsauv Sat 21-Oct-17 19:37:42

My 2 teen dc and I love our kindle fires and use them more than the iPad! I also have a kindle paper white as it’s fab for reading books in the sunshine on hols!! Can’t recommend them enough!

Toffeelatteplease Sat 21-Oct-17 19:51:21

Kindles are awesome for what they are, I have an older model than your looking at. the user interface is a bit of a faff and work best when interacting with Amazon's own stuff like kindle audible etc. It will play a few games but not everything is avaliable
For it . We picked up a few on black Friday for £20 last Year. Because they're cheap its not the end of the world if a screen ends up broken and it's good for kids. it's also really light to travel with.

Wouldn't pay £100 for one purely cos of the user interface. I got a refurbed Samsung 16gb for £130 with ones years Warranty from Amazon. It's a far better tablet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now