Talk

Advanced search

Matalan!

(9 Posts)
McDougal Sat 21-Oct-17 11:36:24

I got an email about 20% student discount so popped in today to have a little look and the Christmas stuff is so cheap!

Fair isle fleecy blankets for a fiver, all manner of Christmassy home accessories for under a fiver. I was really impressed.

They also have £5 off £20 spend on kids clothes until Halloween with a voucher (which someone handed me a stack of when I walked in).

So really just a heads up for anyone looking for Christmas stuff on a budget smile

schoolgaterebel Sat 21-Oct-17 11:53:43

I was in Matalan this week and was very impressed by their Christmas gifts they are great and really reasonable.

Also, their fantastic wrapping paper, gift boxes, ribbons & gift tags are really great (3 for 2)

McDougal Sat 21-Oct-17 12:41:08

Glad someone agrees, school.

I definitely think it’s quite a new thing for them to have a good selection and reasonable prices. A couple of years ago, I remember being shocked at the overpriced tat.

Might have to go back and get some family fair isle pj’s grin

Blackandpurple Sat 21-Oct-17 13:21:15

I love Matalan! Great gifts and their candles are devine!

Lucisky Sat 21-Oct-17 17:27:15

If you see something you like, get it now, they sell out very quickly, and last year all the Xmas stuff went very early.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 21-Oct-17 17:32:19

I love the oval "Robin" plate (its one of those rough earthenware finishes rather than shiney)

Planning to buy a fleece for DD bed

Bought a penguin mug for DS

Ours weren't in full on Christmas mode when I went last week , but give it time fgrin

McDougal Sat 21-Oct-17 17:35:40

Our local Matalan has definitely embraced Christmas and there were more things waiting to be put out.

I might raid it over half term so I don’t miss out!

The robin plate sounds lovely, 70. I might have to go back sooner than I thought grin

73kittycat73 Sun 22-Oct-17 00:07:10

Brought some lovely Christmas wine glasses from them last year, they'll be coming out again this year. Yesterday I ordered a Christmas bathroom set (Toilet seta cover and pedestal mat.), Christmas hand towels, a Father Christmas bath puff thingy, and a Father Christmas soap dispenser. Can't wait for them to turn up. fgrin

73kittycat73 Sun 22-Oct-17 00:07:46

*Seat, lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now