Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to fill a hamper with

(8 Posts)
buzzbeebee Fri 20-Oct-17 21:00:02

I have bought hamper baskets to fill for my aunts and uncles. Now I'm stuck on what to put in them, up to a value of £30. Any suggestions?

PossibiliTea Fri 20-Oct-17 21:03:10

I’ve just done one for my sister with different teas, coffees and biscuits and a travel mug and a glass bino water bottle.

One for dp with different beers, posh crisps, chocolates and some soft drinks from a farm shop.

Others I’ve done have a pamper theme, nice candle, face masks, nail varnish and bubble bath

TheOtherNNB Fri 20-Oct-17 21:03:11

Biscuits
Crackers
After dinnner mints
Nice chic
Cheese
Red wine
Nuts
Dried fruit

buzzbeebee Fri 20-Oct-17 21:36:13

Thank you! Great suggestions.
@PossibiliTea great suggestion about pamper one. It wouldn't have occurred to me!

PossibiliTea Sat 21-Oct-17 07:39:26

Hampers are a great idea buzz I’m sure they will go down really well smile

Geepee71 Sat 21-Oct-17 19:42:28

I love doing hampers, I've recently created a slimming world inspired one, adding lots of treat items and hard to get things and including syn values.
Previously I've looked up hampers from places like Waitrose/duchy range, copied the list of items then purchased all item individually, turned out you would pay about £15 for the box and packaging. Also means I can swap or sub items that recipient wouldn't enjoy!
You can buy cellophane from hobby craft or the range and make them look fab.
Oh I also used beer buckets as my hamper one year, and did a beer theme.

MrsHathaway Sat 21-Oct-17 19:51:55

"Quiet night in" is fluffy socks, DVD, bottle of wine, box of chocolates, etc.

"Commuter kit" is windscreen scraper, travel mug or Costa card, air freshener, posh nut/seed bars, etc.

"Winter survival kit" is gloves, scarf, Strepsils, Lemsip, etc.

Check discounters e.g. Home Bargains and T K Maxx for the components.

Pinterest is good for suggestions for these. Some people go nuts!

PossibiliTea Sat 21-Oct-17 20:32:05

T k maxx is a dream. Did a whole baby hamper for someone from there (apart from a toy from John Lewis) and it went down a treat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now