Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What are your 5/6 year olds asking for?

(32 Posts)
peachy94 Wed 18-Oct-17 18:02:13

DS will be 4.5 at Christmas and he seems to have outgrown loads of his toys and I'm stuck on what to get I don't want to get things that he'll grow out of super fast so what are your 5&6 year olds asking for or their favourite things atm?

christmasunicorn Wed 18-Oct-17 18:07:52

Ds got loads of imaginext last year (4 almost 5) and he still loves and plays with it all. He also likes Ben 10, yo Kai watch, Pokémon, and hatchimals and little live pets

christmasunicorn Wed 18-Oct-17 18:08:28

I should add he is 5 now and will be 6 in January

IggyAce Wed 18-Oct-17 18:27:00

My DS is 6 will be 7 in February, last Christmas he got a hot wheels track set and cars, and has asked for another this year. He got imaginext when he was 4 nearly 5 and still plays with it. Last few Christmases he has got various bits from paw patrol.
The mashams figures and lego have also been popular with ds for the last few years.

poppoppophop Wed 18-Oct-17 18:28:51

Lego and playmobil for my five year old..

ShowOfHands Wed 18-Oct-17 18:29:07

6yo ds wants some "cool trousers". That's it.

Lego is usually a good bet.

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Wed 18-Oct-17 18:29:18

My dd1 who has never really liked girly things at 5/6 liked
Comics - beano, adventure time
Busy books - 12 figures and playmat in a book comes on loads of different characters.
Dressing up
Ikea tent
Lost my name book (there's a lovely willy wonka one now)
Nintendo 2ds and games (warioware, yokai watch and mario kart are her favourite ones)
Kindle fire tablet
Drawing - art tray from argos gets used daily (was around £10) and not just for drawing, does lego on it and occasionally has dinner!!
Moshi monsters and other similar small blind bag type toys
Minions
Build a bear (she's desperate for the new pokemon ones and guardians of the galaxy)
Lego - but a big box to make her own creations.
Playing on the family nintendo wii - smooth moves, mario party, just dance disney, mario and sonic at the Olympic games. Can pick up a second hand one for around £20 now and games are dirt cheap on cex/ebay smile

SleepFreeZone Wed 18-Oct-17 18:29:29

He wants transformers, super wings stuff. I'm thinking of getting him magnetic blocks.

NotTheDuchessOfCambridge Wed 18-Oct-17 18:29:56

Magnaformers and slime.

WegmansCookies Wed 18-Oct-17 18:30:25

Walkie Talkies and a scooter are what my 5-year-old (6 in January) wants.

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Wed 18-Oct-17 18:32:00

Also don't be too quick to get rid of things, my dd's have often gone back to things eg happyland: the figures are never used now but they seem to go back to the buildings. My girls are 5 and nearly 9 smile

MomToWedThorFriday Wed 18-Oct-17 18:32:34

DS wants just about every hot wheels set, and that light up track.

Equimum Wed 18-Oct-17 19:51:37

DS1 will be 5 immediately after Christmas. For Christmas and his birthday, he has asked for Switch & Go dinosaurs, Schleich dinosaurs, Hotwheels sets, more Magformers, Lego and a two wheel scooter.

DonkeyPunch88 Wed 18-Oct-17 19:59:49

My littlest lad is 5 and wants anything and everything Star Wars related grin

RatOnnaStick Wed 18-Oct-17 20:02:16

DS2 who will be 5 in early Jan has asked for the Lego high speed train. He's getting a bigger scooter for his birthday.

peachy94 Thu 19-Oct-17 10:33:19

Thanks! That's so helpful, he's only asked for Lego he's really getting into it now but I wanted a few other things. He has loads of hot wheels cars so the track seems like a good idea. He's just started watching power rangers so I managed to get 2 figures in the Sainsbury's sale too.

Avebury Thu 19-Oct-17 15:46:26

Walkie Talkies
Geomag
Stomp rocket
Anything Spider-Man
Board Games
Slinky
Box of practical jokes
Lego
All things I have on an Amazon wish list for anyone who asks for DS

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Thu 19-Oct-17 15:51:33

My DN wants transformers, lego and paw patrol.
Predictive text says he wants legs instead of lego! grin

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Thu 19-Oct-17 15:52:35

...and everything he sees on the ads on TV.

wendz86 Thu 19-Oct-17 16:25:03

She wants a tablet (getting her kids kindle fire)
Jojo bows
Lol doll
Toilet trouble game
Bop it game
She keeps asking for a hatchimal but not getting one..

dramallamakarma Thu 19-Oct-17 16:34:14

Screwball scramble (entertainer have it reduced to £15 at the moment)

Fingerlings monkey

Books

Keyboard (musical)

Craft stuff

Pretend post office

DD so a heap of glittery stuff from Claire's accessories 🙄

GherkinSnatch Thu 19-Oct-17 18:46:01

DS is 5 in January. He's getting:
Playmobil (specifically one of the Porsche sets because he prefers the cars to the people)
Lego (couple of small sets because he's of the school of build it once then dismantle it and have a free for all)
A Lego Batman alarm clock
A couple of books (Lego superheroes encyclopaedia and a picture atlas so far)
Lego The Force Awakens for the PS4 (DH's Playstation, and he's been desperate for a game of his own)
Bop It if we can find it on sale
Dobble

NormaSnickers Thu 19-Oct-17 19:12:11

My DS will be 6 in April and he wants the Playmobil Police Station. He loves Playmobil and Lego, small blind bag figures, buses/trains/cars, Superhero stuff,dressing up stuff - he's very easy to buy for!
He has had Playmobil for the last couple of Christmases - camper van, fire engine, police car and helicopter, ambulance etc.

Haudyerwheesht Thu 19-Oct-17 20:03:45

Dd
Fingerling hmm
Build a bear vouchers
Smiggle stuff
Craft stuff eg a box filled with craft leaves / feathers / lots and lots of tape / glue / buttons etc
Den kit
Slippers
CDs
Lockable diary
Children's farm bath stuff
Fidget stick

snowglobe67 Thu 19-Oct-17 20:11:05

Ds 5.5 wants:
Ghostbusters play mobile
Anything PJ mask related
The dinosaur who pooped.... Book set
Og on the bog

And pretty much anything that he sees advertised on kids tv!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now