Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Tree Dilemma

(8 Posts)
moominsareace Wed 18-Oct-17 16:41:08

We have a new puppy - he's absolutely adorable, but he has a tendency to chew things, especially if they are either new, or (in his eyes) interesting.

Because of this I don't think we can have a tree this year - a first ever for our DD. We all love Christmas and decorating the tree is part of the festivities. Does anyone therefore have any suggestions where we can put presents, where FC can deliver to, and alternatives for trees. (I should add that we could put a small, say 2 ft, tree up on a shelf somewhere but I haven't found any that don't look like toilet brushes).

Thank you.

EskSmith Wed 18-Oct-17 16:42:23

Tree in a playpen?

EskSmith Wed 18-Oct-17 16:42:33

Tree in a playpen?

WhiskyTangoFoxtrot Wed 18-Oct-17 16:43:19

You could try a tree inside a playpen?

Because wherever you put either presents or decorations, the puppy might get them, unless behind a barrier.

itshappening Wed 18-Oct-17 16:48:16

You can get trees that go on the wall, really a tree shaped thing to decorate, like this..

www.coxandcox.co.uk/frosted-branches-hanging-tree-large

If you google wall hanging tree there are suggestions on how to make your own, and some are placed quite high up. Not sure if that would be suitable for your situation or not as never had a puppy!

TheQueenOfWands Wed 18-Oct-17 16:50:21

Hang the tree upside down from the ceiling?

Normalserviceissuspended Wed 18-Oct-17 19:59:42

Just train the dog so the tree won't be an issue. Will you be leaving him unsupervised in the room with the presents? If not then put them on a table- so you can get there before he does.

yorkshireyummymummy Wed 18-Oct-17 21:34:04

Don't let the dog have access to the room where the tree is unsupervised!!
Also, if he is chewing a lot then invest in a muzzle.
They are not mean, he can still sleep, drink and bark with it on but they are a great training aid for chewing dogs and protect your posessions. I would be doing research on how to train a dog if I were you instead of looking at two foot Christmas trees.
If you don't get the dog trained properly , especially when it comes to chewing you will be having a difficult couple of years.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: