Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Wreath Search

(12 Posts)
bellsandwhistles89 Wed 18-Oct-17 14:23:24

This is our first Christmas in the new house and I have always wanted a wreath for the black front door. Having started my search early I feel that I have yet to find anything that is truly perfect, our Christmas this year is going to be red, white and silver.

Please help mumsnet so that I can have a truly beautiful Christmas door - at a relatively good price.

Thanks

girlywhirly Wed 18-Oct-17 14:27:36

Why not get a relatively plain wreath that you can decorate yourself? This way you can change your colour scheme each year if you want to, and it will look unique.

2014newme Wed 18-Oct-17 14:28:52

I make my own, super easy. If you don't feel confident you can do a course at lots of places. Or you can order one from a florist I've done that before

bellsandwhistles89 Wed 18-Oct-17 15:05:04

Crikey, I think I would need a course if I went about making my own - artistic skills are severely lacking will look into it.

I was thinking a ready made one as you can get it out every year but I may be persuaded to buy a fresh one -is that even what its called-

Lovemusic33 Wed 18-Oct-17 15:31:17

I made my own last year, I followed a video on YouTube and it turned out quite good.

2014newme Wed 18-Oct-17 15:53:16

National trust do wreath making courses
Our local council adult education do them and a local craft shop.

2014newme Wed 18-Oct-17 15:53:46

If you want one to get out every year rather than fresh check John lewis or garden centres

MrsK Wed 18-Oct-17 16:40:43

2014 beat me to it, I was going to suggest the National Trust. I’m booked on one of their Christmas wreath making course’s with a friend, can’t wait

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Thu 19-Oct-17 08:03:39

Around here you can buy nice fresh green ones - usually in the market - with just a few bits of decoration. I often take these off if not to my taste and add my own. I'm not particularly artistic but they always look nice.

A1Sharon Fri 20-Oct-17 09:34:10

A good quality florist will have some lovely ones. I got one for £15 last year and neighbours all thought it was gorgeous.
My friend gets the most amazing one from her florist for £60, truly wow though!

BiddyPop Fri 20-Oct-17 11:47:23

I got a fresh one from a florist a few years ago (DD and I had just waved DH off on the bus to the airport yet again for the 3 weeks until 2 days before Christmas, and we were both quite upset that one, so we went to the florist 2 doors up to cheer ourselves up!).

It cost us €60, which I very nearly said no to.

But I started to pull it apart after Christmas for the bits to save, but we had too many other jobs, so I put it safely in the cool, dark and dry attic to do later.

I took it out again the following December, and it was perfect still. So we just hung it up again.

And we've done that now for the past 7 years without fail. So it was actually well worth that initial investment. And I have still got a lot of the ribbon and things to get off it once the holly leaves and pine branches have gone beyond their life.

2014newme Fri 20-Oct-17 12:34:21

Yes my wreath that I makeasts throughout December to jan. I water it every few days. My florists does do lovely ones too. I hang mine indoors tbh it's so lovely I do think want to hang it outside!
Also made a bauble wreath, very easy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now