Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Edible gift ideas you can make in advance

(9 Posts)
MagentaRocks Tue 17-Oct-17 12:28:36

I line manage a team of 27 people with another line manager, we are planning on doing a Christmas present for them all. We are getting some cloth bags and putting in a small bottle of wine and some chocolates. The other line manager is making pots of chilli salt they are going to make themselves and I want to make something to go in too.

I regularly bake for my team but I need ideas for something I can make in advance. Not all of the team will be in on the same day so I can't just make a big batch of something the day before we give the gifts so I am looking for something I can make a week or two in advance and can pop in the bags on the day we will be giving the gifts.

Ideally I want it to be something sweet but I am really stuck for ideas. I did consider fudge but the gap in between giving the gifts is too big and I don't want to re do it.

Any ideas greatfully received. Thank you.

DonkeyOaty Tue 17-Oct-17 12:29:36

Mincemeat would work?

gaggiagirl Tue 17-Oct-17 12:33:10

Peppermint bark!!!!!!!

DonkeyOaty Tue 17-Oct-17 12:45:41

Yes! Bark would be great. Good call gaggia.

ChangedToday Tue 17-Oct-17 12:46:26

Proper gingerbread/Lebkuchen keeps for weeks, in fact needs maturing before eating (at least mine does) so in a Christmas context would that not be ideal?

MagentaRocks Tue 17-Oct-17 12:48:31

Thank you. I've just had an idea - Christmas pudding flavoured vodka. What do you think?

MagentaRocks Tue 17-Oct-17 12:49:11

Love the others ideas too so can do the vodka and something else.

LegoCaltrops Tue 17-Oct-17 12:54:08

Definitely lebkuchen, I've always fancied making them.

starsinyourpies Tue 17-Oct-17 14:11:16

Biscotti, there are some Christmassy recipes around and they keep a good long time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now