Talk

Advanced search

Get a hatchimal surprise to share?

(10 Posts)
DontAskIDontKnow Tue 17-Oct-17 11:26:28

I have two dds, 4 and 6. The eldest wants a hatchimal for Christmas.

I’m reluctant because of the price and reviews from last Christmas where they weren’t played with much after.

My youngest hasn’t asked for anything yet. I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up asking for the same when she writes her Christmas list.

I had the idea that I could buy one of the surprise eggs with the twins and get them to share. I thought it might help with the play value, if the creatures interact and they can play with them together. They are pretty good at sharing normally and they will get a toy each.

Does that sound realistic?

Worriedobsessive Tue 17-Oct-17 11:27:02

Don't bother, they're shit.

2014newme Tue 17-Oct-17 11:31:07

After they hatch they don't do much, they are like little live pets after that point I'd get those instead

Ecureuil Tue 17-Oct-17 11:31:21

Mine are 4 and 2 and both want a hatchimal, I’m thinking of doing this too. I think 2 year old only says she wants one because DD1 does but it’s the only think they’ve asked for...

DontAskIDontKnow Tue 17-Oct-17 11:40:06

I have considered steering dd1 towards little live pets. They do an egg one now, so it’s an option.

But, like with Ecuriuel it’s the only thing she’s asked for and she’s wanted it for months.

2014newme Tue 17-Oct-17 11:42:09

I don't buy rubbish even if it's the only thing they've asked for. I steer them to something else. Tell her they are rubbish.

Worriedobsessive Tue 17-Oct-17 12:18:30

The wing fell off ours. It didn't impair the product's performance as it doesn't do anything anyway. Seriously don't bother.

daisydalrymple Wed 18-Oct-17 13:30:56

Dd was desperate for one last Christmas, but they were sold out everywhere. She then asked for one for her birthday, so I got her one.

She absolutely loved it and still plays with it now. I seem to be a lone voice on this though grin (I am in no way related to anybody associated with the company!)

In fact she's asking for one for Christmas and may well get one.

I think a twin one would work for your dds, as long as they get to open the gift together.

whimsical1975 Wed 18-Oct-17 14:18:18

I agree with everyone... firstly they do nothing once hatched (mine never looked at there's afterwards) but every child is different so if you do go for one then I completely agree with Daisy in that you should look at the twin hatchimals. That way both child gets a hatchling

Bumbumtaloo Wed 18-Oct-17 16:12:43

DD2 (5) has asked for a hatchimal and I did toy with the idea of getting both DD’s a joint surprise one but in the end I got them the hatchimal collectibles. My guess is that dd wants to see it hatch. If she still desperately wants one I’ll get her one for her birthday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now