Talk

Advanced search

What does mum get for Christmas? (I mean you! :-) )

(47 Posts)
Madonna9 Mon 16-Oct-17 11:16:05

I'm thinking about getting something practical for myself (wanted to get an expensive kitchen appliance anyway) but I'd like to add something 'luxurious'. Made me wonder what you get yourself for Christmas?
Or does your DH buy a present for you? grin

Ecureuil Mon 16-Oct-17 11:21:30

DH buys mine!

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Mon 16-Oct-17 11:22:09

DH buys mine

Orangebird69 Mon 16-Oct-17 11:25:52

I either tell dh what to buy or I get money. Suits me. I never usually know what I want...

BoredOnMatLeave Mon 16-Oct-17 11:31:11

DP gets mine I buy myself stuff all year though

Madonna9 Mon 16-Oct-17 11:48:12

Oh wow, you have great DHs! And you don't tell him what to get?

wobblywonderwoman Mon 16-Oct-17 11:50:16

I am thinking of asking for vouchers as dh usually gets me a spa day and they are expensive. I don't feel they are value for money at all

wobblywonderwoman Mon 16-Oct-17 11:50:36

Sorry clothes vouchers.

Ecureuil Mon 16-Oct-17 13:22:33

Great DH’s because they buy us Christmas presents?! I think you may be setting the bar pretty low...
If there’s something particular I want I’ll ask for it, otherwise DH just gets me something he knows I’d like.

CheerfulMuddler Mon 16-Oct-17 13:35:31

DH buys mine, but I do drop lots of large hints. So does he.

twinkledag Mon 16-Oct-17 14:08:26

My husband buys it for me, thought everyone's did!

Dinosauratemydaffodils Mon 16-Oct-17 14:27:00

I buy my own. This will be our 18th Christmas together and I am ever so slightly picky so it's easier to just do it myself. It's usually a large box of books and then some other "luxury" bits.

lottieandmia Mon 16-Oct-17 14:30:19

This year I bought myself the Elemis beauty advent calendar.

LadyWithLapdog Mon 16-Oct-17 14:33:50

DH usually perfume (he knows what I like). I might get myself a book. DCs small toiletries from the school Xmas fair.

Serin Mon 16-Oct-17 14:35:48

After a series of (ahem) disappointing Christmas gifts (mainly tacky underwear), we have now devised a system whereby I choose what I want and he buys and wraps it.

EvilDoctorBallerinaVampireDuck Mon 16-Oct-17 14:35:52

Yulemoot of the Tolkien Society and Tolkien's birthday dinner.

A1Sharon Mon 16-Oct-17 17:48:15

I don't buy anything for myself, but I have a list of things I would like, if DH or anyone else asks what I would like I go to the list.
Silk pillowcase (as heard about on S&B!)
Jo Loves perfume or candle (white rose and lemon leaves)
Susie Watson soap dispenser.
Nina Campbell box file.
A new pair of Celtic & Co slippers
Voucher for beautician.
Not saying I'll get them all, but that's whats on my list!

MuddlingThroughLife Tue 17-Oct-17 08:24:05

Dh buys me pressies, usually a mixture of what I've asked for or is on my amazon wishlist with a surprise or two.

On christmas eve the elves leave all five of us pj's and festive socks to wear out that day. I buy all these including my own. It would never occur to dh for me to have a surprise too!

confusedlittleone Tue 17-Oct-17 11:18:19

We each buy our own 'big present' (normally about £200) and then have £60 to buy each other smaller stuff (normally books for him and makeup/hair care stuff for me)

RubbishMantra Tue 17-Oct-17 11:24:58

I though you meant what do our mums get us for Christmas. One year I got a used electric frying pan! Still smelled of grease and the coating was scratched off. A note drifted out, ' I've tried it already, it's marvellous! ' grin

confusedlittleone Tue 17-Oct-17 11:26:23

@RubbishMantra my grandma did something similar 😂😂 she brought all new pots/pans/dinner set etc used it for Christmas dinner and then gave it to us at the end 😂

Cantseethewoods Tue 17-Oct-17 11:28:00

I send him a link and he buys it. This year-Kate Mulally anchor pendent.

RubbishMantra Tue 17-Oct-17 11:31:07

Confused grin

She excelled herself last year tho. A pair of sunglasses I accidentally left there on my last visit.

MrsSthe3rd Tue 17-Oct-17 11:34:09

DH sorts it himself.

He is the best gift buyer and it's always spot on. It's not flash/expensive stuff, but shows he does actually listen to me grin

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Tue 17-Oct-17 17:44:00

I have a big list to cover end of oct birthday and Christmas. He picks bits off the list and adds surprises. I don't think that is a big deal I think it's what he should do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now