Talk

Advanced search

Chatsworth House Christmas Market?

(9 Posts)
HolyShmoly Sun 15-Oct-17 19:29:35

DH is working near Chatsworth for the next while so I could potentially take some time off and travel down with him, then we can go to Chatsworth House on a Friday afternoon/Saturday morning. I've been to the gardens before and was blown away and planning another visit at some point anyway.
Is it worth the extra to go at Christmas?
Would it be better to go on a Friday afternoon on Saturday morning?

We'll probably be going the first weekend in December. I love Christmas but am not a fan of crowds.

Badders08 Sun 15-Oct-17 19:33:15

It's VERY busy!

Autumnchill Sun 15-Oct-17 19:37:40

If you go you must go early otherwise you'll be queueing for the car park.

Visit the farm shop as well which is a short distance away and can recommend Rowley's for a meal

Hedgyhoggy Sun 15-Oct-17 19:50:37

I don’t think it’s that busy but perhaps would go for 10 am or week day. I have had a family pass for past 5 yrs and we love it, live nearby and go all the time. Would definitely recommend the House Christmas decorations they are usually beautiful. This year the theme is Dickens (I think). You do have to pre book a time slot and I think it’s quite expensive. If you have children they do nativity in the farm yard with live animals and the visitors take part, again pre book. Would highly recommend just for the atmosphere and surroundings.

Hedgyhoggy Sun 15-Oct-17 19:51:57

Just realised you said weekend but still don’t think it gets that busy before 12.

Wait4nothing Sun 15-Oct-17 19:53:29

The markets are fun - it does get busy at the weekend - going Friday am and over lunch would probably be best if you want to avoid the worst of the crowds. I went to the house last year on a cheap ticket (part of a trip) and it was wonderful but full price it is very expensive! I think I’d only go full price if the theme was right up my street.

HolyShmoly Sun 15-Oct-17 19:57:50

Thanks all. I think I'll try and get as early as possible on the Saturday then. If everything goes well this will be our last Christmas without kids, so trying to squeeze in some things that would be harder to do with little people in tow.

N0tNowBernard Sun 15-Oct-17 20:01:52

It's amazing! We go every year on the first Sunday but by god is it busy! Also, go hungry! There are so many food stalls, it's hard to choose.

Autumnchill Sun 15-Oct-17 20:38:47

We got there at early and left about lunchtime and they were queueing from the roundabout in Baslow. It seems to get busier each year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now