Talk

Advanced search

Scooter?

(8 Posts)
peachy94 Sun 15-Oct-17 17:20:40

Thinking about getting 4 YO DS a scooter for Christmas in hopes he will move faster than a snail on the way to school looking at the micro scooters as everyone reccomends them, are they really worth it? Will the 3 wheel one be ok or should I go for a 2? He has a minions one that my mum got but he just can't get on with but I don't know if it's because it's 2 wheel or just crap quality. He can ride a balance bike pretty well

Bananamama1213 Sun 15-Oct-17 20:10:51

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01A0104NG/ref=cmsww_rcpp_api_vh74zbN0G8BP5

I seriously recommend this scooter! I had one for both of my children and it's fantastic.

It folds down SO easily.
The light up wheels are cool.

The turning takes some getting used to: you have to lean rather than turn the bars. But mine caught on quite quickly and I find it's the best scooter I've seen.

I also love that when I have to walk home from school with it, that I can put the handle as high as it can go and just pull it along like one of the hold-all things.. so it never whacks me! I even hang the shopping from the handles when I'm pulling it!

whathaveiforgottentoday Sun 15-Oct-17 20:13:41

3 wheel microscooters are excellent and well worth the extra money. They really last so you may even b able to pick one up 2nd hand.
My eldest has a 2 wheeled one at age 7.

whathaveiforgottentoday Sun 15-Oct-17 20:16:28

Used to pull my 3 yr old along on it by tying some ribbon on a the front. By 3 I rarely had to use the pram as could just pull her on her scooter when she got tired. (You need a ribbon on the front so you don't have to bend as they are just that bit too short to pull by the handle bars without bending.

ThomasRichard Sun 15-Oct-17 20:17:24

Yes the micro scooter is worth the money. My DC both have them and the quality is excellent. I’d start off with a mini micro.

user1491508013 Sun 15-Oct-17 20:18:59

Out of interest from what age would A 3 wheeled micro scooter be appropriate?

Lowdoorinthewal1 Sun 15-Oct-17 20:22:08

My tall DS could ride his mini micro confidently at 22 months.

Lowdoorinthewal1 Sun 15-Oct-17 20:22:51

Actually scratch that, he was 27 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now