Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for nieces and nephews please???

(19 Posts)
Thisandthat2017 Sun 15-Oct-17 09:40:43

I am way behind on Christmas this year!!! I had intended on the easy route of a £15 gift voucher for each of my nieces and nephews but have just realised this will total £240!

Please does anyone have any ideas for a £10 budget that look like I have spent a bit more???

One girl toddler
One boy toddler
One 6yr old girl
Six 10/11 yr old girls
One teenage girl
One teenage boy
One adult niece
Two adult nephews
Think that's everyone!
Any ideas will be gratefully received!

Thisandthat2017 Sun 15-Oct-17 09:41:59

No, missed two.

Also a 16yr old girl and 10yr old boy.

Wizotto Sun 15-Oct-17 09:55:48

I would probably get some books from the Book People and then pad them out with other things, e.g. Sticker books for the younger ones and then some nice stationery. Mine loved sticker books (still do, 6 and 9) and once they are finished they can go in the bin. The RRP on the back will also be a lot more than they actually cost you...

CA95616 Sun 15-Oct-17 09:57:04

Hi smile]
That’s a lot of nieces and nephews!
The Book People online has great book collections for the younger ones (under 12). For the teens you could try Boots 3 for 2. They have a wide selection of items (beauty and gadgets ) that would go down well.

Neverwasapancakegi7l Sun 15-Oct-17 10:08:37

Good grief. Get them all selection boxes and stick £5 on the top!

Kirbs1979 Sun 15-Oct-17 10:13:58

For the younger ones you could look at toys when the different shops have 3 for 2, means you can get 3 £15 presents for £30 or Argos and Smyths have toys which are 2 for £15. The entertainer usually have lots of craft sets reduced in price. Poundland have books in. You could do themed hampers and have a look round The Range, Home Bargains and B&M for bits to put in it or on Amazon. If you want to get smellies its usually cheaper to buy them separately than in a gift box but do check the prices. Have a look in the sale sections online or clearance, I got my niece and nephew between them a air hockey table down from £45 to £22.50 last year in the Tesco online sale.

LostMyRubySlippers Sun 15-Oct-17 11:02:30

I was about to suggest sets of books from the book people but can see a couple of pps have said the same! They often do 20% codes or similar so worth hanging out for one of those too

10/11 yr old girls - a lovely colouring book (The Works have loads for around a fiver or under) and a tin of watercolour pencils each?

Teenage girls - pamper night boxes? Nail varnish remover, cotton wool, nail varnish (Poundland had Revlon ones last time I looked), facemask (Superdrug own brand are v nice and about £1 each), bubble bath

Thisandthat2017 Sun 15-Oct-17 18:45:39

Thanks everyone.

As much as we love books in this house my brothers don't believe they should be gifts (I know!)

I did have a look at boots but I'm now loving the idea of beauty gift baskets for all of the girls over 10 😀.

Taffeta Sun 15-Oct-17 19:02:02

Teenage girl: Try Urban Outfitters - they have a cute Minimergency Kit a bit over budget at £16 but lots of other options
Teenage boy: ear buds
10-11 yo girls: slime making ingredients (box filled with glue, contact lens solution containing boric acid, shaving foam)

MrsMotherHen Sun 15-Oct-17 19:14:08

I am another one going for selection box with a fiver attached.

Although boots have some food soap and glory stuff all 3 for 2.

MrsMotherHen Sun 15-Oct-17 19:14:22

good not food.

Doreah Sun 15-Oct-17 19:19:53

Teenage and adult nieces - Bath bombs / Smellies / perfume / anything unicorn / slippers (predictable but I love getting smellies etc at Christmas)
Adult nephews - Afershave / socks / pants / pajamas
Teenage nephew - Difficult but perhaps some earphones / something marvel related / I tunes voucher
10 year old boy - Construction set (like kinex or similar) / colouring books and pens / joke box
10 / 11 year old girls - soap making kits / bath bomb making kits / lip gloss making kit / jewellery box / necklace / earrings
6 year old girl - My little pony / doll / girls world
Toddlers - stuffed animal / cars / dolls / toy mobile phone or laptop

Bananamama1213 Sun 15-Oct-17 19:58:26

I have a 4 and 5 year old.. we read 2 books every night. I always ask for books for their birthday and Christmas. I usually make an Amazon wish list because it's easier for people to pick a book of there.

Julia Donaldson books are always good. Usually under £5 too!
We especially like "sing a song of bottoms" but I'm not sure who that's by..

I would say a book for the toddlers. Or even an Orchard game?

I have just ordered my 8 and 10 year old sisters a bath bomb from Lush. That was £4.50 each. But they also sell bath oil things for £2.50 which I'd say look more expensive!!
I'm 24 and also ordered a few bits for me! So any age works brilliant for Lush stuff.

Pass on the boys though! Good luck with them haha!

Bananamama1213 Sun 15-Oct-17 20:00:45

Oh no! Just saw the comment about books!!

That really surprises me! I got my 1 year old nephew a book for birthday and they were really chuffed because they read to him a lot.

We obviously checked the book out for a few nights before I wrapped it grin

Annwithnoe Mon 16-Oct-17 12:07:16

Join us over on the bargain thread

GinYummy Mon 16-Oct-17 13:15:43

Argos 2 for £15 have some really good toys for the younger ones.

WaxOnFeckOff Mon 16-Oct-17 13:37:34

I buy for my great nieces and nephews and budget around a tenner.

I have quite a few between the ages of 5 and 9 so I entered the hell that is the smiggle on line sale and got them all a pencil case and some bits to fill them up.

The teen/pre teen boys are all fairly sporty so I got them some smart underarmour gym sacks from Amazon at a tenner each and chucked in some water botttles wich weer cheap add on items.

Toddlers I got some lovely superhero PJs (amason) for £6 and added in a little duplo set at £4.

Previously I've bought personalised dressing gowns or PJs from Studio at about £7 a head. Bought family games between a few of them in same house. I've hit the Sainsburys sale and managed lego sets etc from there.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Thu 19-Oct-17 19:44:21

Orchard toy games for the toddlers.

‘Good night stories for rebel girls’ for the 6 yr old (under a tenner on amazon).

10/11 year olds - boots 3 for 2 pre-teen style toiletry/make up/nail sets.

£10 Molton brown hand cream for adult niece.

Beers or bottle wine for adult nephews.

Teens £10 in a card.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now