Talk

Advanced search

Men problem again

(7 Posts)
Zaphodsotherhead Sat 14-Oct-17 20:55:02

Mostly my OH, who has no notable hobbies or interests. He lives in the middle of nowhere and doesn't much like travelling anywhere, so Memberships are no good, he doesn't cook,only wears clothes that are £20 for 10 in local cheap shop, wears only Lynx bodyspray...

Help!

Canofpeas Sun 15-Oct-17 07:02:29

Has he had hobbies/intersets in the past that he's lost interest but might like to rekindle?
What does he enjoy? Almost sounds as if he's depressed - but perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions!

TheNewMrs Sun 15-Oct-17 07:31:54

Good you get him a gadget of some description? A good hamper full of nice things that he likes? Technology - kindle? New phone? Tablet?

NSEA Sun 15-Oct-17 08:28:00

Drone? Or similar? Maybe create him a hobby? Books?

Zaphodsotherhead Mon 16-Oct-17 09:46:49

He doesn't read (although can sometimes be tempted to read an autobio of someone he admires), I can't afford to buy him tech.

He has never really had hobbies, except clay pigeon shooting and watching football. Might see if I can get him a clay pigeon shooting day... that's a good idea.

He's not depressed! He's just a rather old-fashioned Northern bloke who doesn't see the need to spend money....

Mrsmadevans Mon 16-Oct-17 10:33:40

What food does he like or drink?
Make him a hamper ?
nice picture/print of the countryside around him ?
Desk calendar/ diary
Pen set?
nice scarf or gloves ?
flat cap or country hat?
braces?
Wellies?
Boots?

Madonna9 Mon 16-Oct-17 11:03:49

Well, does he like spending time with you? ;-)
give him a voucher for nice day out together, take a long walk, eat lunch somewhere nice, whatever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now