Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hatchimal or hatchimal twins?

(18 Posts)
SparklingMonkey Thu 12-Oct-17 23:23:15

Hi,

My daughter is desperate for a hatchimal for Christmas, and I'm happy to get her one, but was just wondering if people think the original hatchimal or the new hatchimal twins is better?

She wants it to be able to move about, which I know last year's hatchimals can do, but I'm not sure if the new twin ones can?

Leaning slightly towards the older style ones as I think they look nicer and I know they do what she wants, but just not totally sure as some reviews I've read say that the new hatchimal twins are a great improvement on last year's.

Thanks!

soontobemrsmckeown Fri 13-Oct-17 08:24:18

Following.

angelinheaven Fri 13-Oct-17 11:09:58

I would go with the twins, for about an extra tenner you get two, they do the same as the singal ones and interact with each other, and I think they look so cute, quite expensive but my dd loves hers and they are really lovely even watching them hatch

LatriceRoyale Fri 13-Oct-17 11:13:06

I'm thinking of getting the twins for my girls to share, are they both same colour? I'm a newbie to the world of hatchimals!

SparklingMonkey Fri 13-Oct-17 11:23:25

Arh ok! I wasn't sure that they did the same as the single one, like move about and explore!

SparklingMonkey Fri 13-Oct-17 11:28:21

I'm also a newbie to them Latrice! It's all so confusing!

2014newme Fri 13-Oct-17 11:31:13

They are rubbish. Seriously read the thread about last year's Xmas presents, after they hatch the fun is over

Maudlinmaud Fri 13-Oct-17 11:32:30

I've seen the adverts for these. We didn't get one last year because they where sold out but dd has expressed an interest again this year. I think it will be the twins.
She got an LOL doll last week as a treat so that too is on the cards.

Maudlinmaud Fri 13-Oct-17 11:34:09

I agree newme and was glad last year we hadn't got one or paid way over the odds on ebay. But they want what they want.
The kids TV channels are to blame I think.

2014newme Fri 13-Oct-17 11:36:47

Ah OK my children don't watch adverts so I think I've got it easy

Maudlinmaud Fri 13-Oct-17 11:42:30

How? How have you done this?

2014newme Fri 13-Oct-17 11:45:03

They watch i player, cbbc, you tube. They like things like strictly.
We don't have Disney channel or anything like that. There's nothing on citv they watch

Maudlinmaud Fri 13-Oct-17 11:51:41

Ahh I see. Youtube is full of ads though, maybe they watched one of the toy reviews about hatchimals, I think dd was consoled by those but now thinks the twins will be epic. Good job you don't have the other channels, I'm tempted to do away with them but there would be tears.

2014newme Fri 13-Oct-17 11:55:05

We don't have hatchimals I just read the other thread about Christmas toys from last year that were bad.
My kids went through a phase of liking shopkins toy opening videos at one point. They are strangely hypnotic aren't they!

Maudlinmaud Fri 13-Oct-17 11:58:16

Shopkins. Yes. Lots of those.
Bring them into the entertainer or somewhere to see the lol dolls. Same idea.
We saw this unicorn race thing in there too and I'm buying it for me grin now that really was hypnotic.
Sorry for derailing your thread op. flowers

2014newme Fri 13-Oct-17 12:02:01

Luckily we're out the other side of the shopkins phase now mine have got rid of theirs. It's all about technology now!

SparklingMonkey Fri 13-Oct-17 12:19:52

Aw luckily mine don't watch adverts either! They've heard about them from friends etc, and to be fair they adore their soft toys and similar things, so I think they'll make use of the hatchimals!

Sounds like twins may be the way to go then!

AtSea1979 Tue 31-Oct-17 08:00:55

The twins aren't the same as last years. They don't move around they just flap their plastic wings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now