Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Adverts - the not so favorite ones!

(4 Posts)
Allergictoironing Thu 12-Oct-17 16:30:59

We have a nice thread about everyone's favorite (Good) Christmas adverts, but what about the Bad and the Ugly? The ones that make you cringe, go to make a cuppa or change channels.

I tend to want to throw something at the TV when just about any of the seasonal perfume ads come on. Apparently they are aiming for "artistic" or "edgy", but I hate them all. Last couple of years they seemed to like ones bordering on the slutty (but very moody & artistic I'm sure). Last night I saw one where a girl was floating around in what looked like a load of bog roll!

tootsieglitterballs Thu 12-Oct-17 20:43:12

I hate it when they start with the sale adverts a few days before Christmas, I get the rage 😡!

73kittycat73 Fri 13-Oct-17 02:06:45

I agree tootsie, it's like, let us enjoy Christmas first please! angry
The ad I dislike is I think Boots from a couple of years ago. It had a song on it by Bronski Beat- Small town boy - I think. It had a young lad delivering gifts to people. Gosh, now I sound like a right Grinch! Boy delivering gifts at Christmas, lol. I just didn't like it. Didn't like the music, didn't find it Christmassy.
Now to balance out my misery I shall go and find the good Christmas ad thread. fgrin

tootsieglitterballs Fri 13-Oct-17 16:45:57

It may have been the house of Fraser one I didn’t like last year or the year Becker, purely because the music wasn’t christmassy enough!! Possibly the ‘play that sax’ song (I think)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now