Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Themed presents

(21 Posts)
goldenlilliesdaffodillies Wed 11-Oct-17 23:24:12

Every year I have a theme for my extended family presents. I have done slankets, mermaid blankets, onesies, Christmas hats, fluffy headphones, silly hats! I am running out of ideas.

Can anyone suggest anything else please? I need ideas for older nieces and nephews (older teenagers/early 20's).

Bloodybridget Wed 11-Oct-17 23:27:33

Socks.

I suspect this will not meet your obviously high standards!

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 11-Oct-17 23:33:58

Power banks for mobile devices.

Coffee sets - mug + flavoured syrup

Gloves

Ohwell14 Wed 11-Oct-17 23:35:57

Novelty slippers
Like dinosaur feet or elf shoes

RonniePasas Wed 11-Oct-17 23:39:31

Books
Alcohol
Christmas (or normal) sweaters
Shower gel
Cheese

Normalserviceissuspended Wed 11-Oct-17 23:55:03

Cash. New £1s , £5s and £10s

I think that slankets, mermaid blankets, onesies, Christmas hats, fluffy headphones, silly hats probably just end up in the bin or charity shop as soon as christmas is over.

Cash is king for anyone over 12.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Thu 12-Oct-17 00:51:53

You mean you think of one thing and then buy the same for everyone?

goldenlilliesdaffodillies Thu 12-Oct-17 22:00:41

Yes! But each individual item is tailored to that person. They look forward to the theme and try and guess what it is. Everyone else gets them cash so they like having something to open.

I like the power bank for mobile devices idea- that would work- thanks.

ClashCityRocker Thu 12-Oct-17 22:04:40

Slippers?
Something creative like an adult coloring book? You can get all sorts of different themes.

BrieAndChilli Thu 12-Oct-17 22:05:09

I saw a game the other day based on memes so everyone has a handful of cards with ‘sayings’ or random sentences on them a photo card is placed in the middle and everyone has to chose a sentence to go with the picture and the person with the funniest wins. Google meme game and it should come up.
Something a bit dwifferent for that generation.
Other games you can get are things like timeline game (or Star Wars timeline for sci-fi fans) Wikipedia board game, brain box games with different themes etc

sandracourt Fri 13-Oct-17 16:48:14

Last year I bought the fam a Christmas sack with their name on, filled with a few thoughtful gifts. Not sure if it still works, but the code 'launch10' got me £10 off each sack last year. Few new ones this year - handmadechristmasco.com/browse/personalised-christmas-sacks/ star

LaCerbiatta Fri 13-Oct-17 17:25:00

Does anyone really want to receive Christmas themed presents? Surely they're useless and nothing but clutter by the 27th?

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Fri 13-Oct-17 23:00:24

How would you choose power banks tailored to suit individuals?

elQuintoConyo Fri 13-Oct-17 23:05:30

Put:
Photos
Recipes
Colouring pages
Sudokus
Cross stitch patterns, etc

on a pendrive for each person (eg Grandad likes sudokus + family pictures).

Take a very small cuddly toy and rip open a few stitches.

Remove some stuffing.

Make sude pendrive is in "on" position.

Sew pendrive into stuffed toy.

I did this one year for a Sil: cross stitch patterns, sewn into a shark. Looks v cool sticking out of the computer!

goldenlilliesdaffodillies Sat 14-Oct-17 09:55:24

The gifts don't have to be Christmas themed or related.
Thanks for the helpful suggestions. Colouring books are a great idea.

WeAllHaveWings Sat 14-Oct-17 10:11:05

There is a mile between a theme and an instruction on what to buy. You are telling them what to buy.

A theme would be Disney, or retro, or 80s, or animals etc. Fluffy headphones isn't a theme it's an instruction and requires no imagination from the participants. How do you "tailor" a mermaid to a person other than pick a size/colour?

SeamusMacDubh Sat 14-Oct-17 14:57:23

Boots are selling a unicorn power bank

SeamusMacDubh Sat 14-Oct-17 14:58:14

http://www.boots.com/thumbs-up-unicorn-powerbank-10232632

73kittycat73 Sat 14-Oct-17 17:49:41

Wow, lay off the OP people! She was only asking for ideas.
As for a theme OP, what about Elves? You can buy Elf pyjamas, elf ears, loads of stuff! Good luck finding your theme. fsmile

luckylavender Sat 14-Oct-17 18:08:52

Owls seem big this year

goldenlilliesdaffodillies Tue 17-Oct-17 22:37:51

Thanks for the ideas- some lovely ones which are really helpful. It's just abit of fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now