Talk

Advanced search

taking the kids to buy their own christmas jumper

(13 Posts)
singadream Wed 11-Oct-17 20:45:43

My kids are 6, 4 and 2. I want to take them to choose their own christmas jumpers this year - last year's don't fit so I am giving them to school to pass on to kids who don't have one (as they ask kids to wear christmas jumpers for the carol concert). I live near a big shopping mall bt honestly can't face it with the kids. Also live near a retail park with a Next (too expensive) and also short drive from a fairly good sized Asda and a fairly good sized sainsburys. Where would you go for the great after school christmas jumper expedition?

Mumofboys89 Wed 11-Oct-17 20:59:48

Sainsburys usually do lovely Christmas jumpers. Even better if you can get them on a 25% off event

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 11-Oct-17 21:28:31

Primark
George at Asda
Matalan

My DD bought one from Next (her money nothing to do with me but it was ££ I was really itching to get her to return it, ludicrous money)

I got a wool jumper for DS ( on the day before the Christmas Jumper Day) from the local market . He refused a jumper for months then nowhere had them (except XXL rude ones) so I struck lucky .

Mine was from Asda last year (sweatshirt not jumper, lights up 'n' everything <<classy>> ) fgrin

singadream Wed 11-Oct-17 21:34:54

It's primark I can't face. Sainsbury though I can, just.

GlitterGlue Wed 11-Oct-17 21:45:00

Sainsburys doesn't have a huge selection. Asda has quite a few online.

Show them the screen, get them to point at one, click and collect at the weekend.

Makemineacabsauv Wed 11-Oct-17 22:16:06

Primark about half an hour before closing on a week day otherwise it’s hell on earthy. But reasonably priced Xmas jumpers!

noramum Thu 12-Oct-17 09:20:09

I always look at things with DD online and then buy and collect it/getting it delivered. Far easier than dragging her around shops.

I normally buy longsleeve T-shirts, not a jumper as they are far too warm.

Kittykatmacbill Thu 12-Oct-17 19:46:44

Lidl did ‘nice’ bright and jolly ones last year for six quid, utterly suitable for purpose but very synthetic. Loves wearing it for nursery all year round!

ohanabanana Fri 13-Oct-17 07:55:02

Peacocks had some nice ones last year, I don't think they're in stock yet though!

chipscheeseandgravy Sat 14-Oct-17 07:37:37

Online is your friend. Asda, Tesco and matalan will have a good range online. Get them to pick one they like the look of, you can also filter so they are only picking within your price range and the correct size for them.

Sainsbury’s website for clothes is awful.

Moonshine86 Sat 14-Oct-17 07:39:26

Ebay

drsholmes Sat 14-Oct-17 09:16:11

Primark does a large selection of Christmas jumpers for all ages, boys and girls.

Isadora2007 Sat 14-Oct-17 10:27:42

ASDA if you must go in person. Online otherwise.
We did matalan last year and it was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now