Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nearly 7 year old wants animal presents??

(32 Posts)
dannyboyle Wed 11-Oct-17 16:51:55

My nearly 7 year old DD is asking for anything animal related for Christmas, animal obsessed.

Help please with suggestions......

Already have or planned

Planning on robotic dog type thing
Animal lego
Zoo keeping experience day
Dog/cat duvet set

We already have pets including dog and guinea pigs so don't actually want any more live animals!

Any suggestions gratefully received!!!!!

GeillisTheWitch Wed 11-Oct-17 16:53:33

Sylvanian families
Little live pets

dannyboyle Wed 11-Oct-17 17:04:09

Little love pets we already have, but yes could get more.

Slyvanian families probably not. Tried dolls houses and that type of thing before but not remotely interested.

LiefievdM Wed 11-Oct-17 17:10:12

Hatchimals are very popular I believe. http://www.hatchimals.com

You have to incubate the egg by cuddling it, I think, and then it "hatches" a surprise animal.

KitKat1985 Wed 11-Oct-17 17:11:57

A furby?
I believe Tamagotchi's are back too (disclaimer: you might get stuck looking after it whilst she's at school).

liquidrevolution Wed 11-Oct-17 17:13:27

How about adopting an animal at zoo or conservation place? With a cuddly version of animal?

I vaguely remember snow leopards on the christmas bargain threads last year.

thecraddock Wed 11-Oct-17 17:16:32

Subscription to National Geographic Kids mag

Cheerybigbottom Wed 11-Oct-17 17:16:32

I second adopting an animal at a zoo/wildlife conservation charity. Also, an animal handling experience? Like feed the giraffes or something.

BertieBotts Wed 11-Oct-17 17:22:24

Cuddly toys

Books about animals - either fiction stories like animal ark (there's probably a modern alternative) or fact books with lots of lovely pictures. Dick King-Smith does lovely talking animal stories though they are a little dated now, they're still really sweet and perfect for her age. Or Jill Tomlinson, same kind of theme - Owl who was afraid of the dark, the Otter who wanted to know, etc, and quite timeless as they're set in the "animal's world" rather than with humans.

Colour by numbers set - a proper adult one - with a kitten/puppy/horse picture or one of those scraperfoil things. In fact any craft set which is animal themed. Actually scraperfoil prob too difficult for 7yo but the pencil crayon type colour by numbers she'd be okay with.

Pillow pet for bedroom

Clothing, pencil case, stationery, notebook with animals on

"Reindeer poo" chocolate raisins for stocking filler grin (You can get these packaged as such closer to the time)

Tamagotchi

Have you actually looked at the robo dogs, because I think they are a bit gimmicky and the kids get bored of them fairly quickly.

Subscription to animal-themed magazine - anything from the fluffy pink ones aimed at little girls full of bunnies and cats to National Geographic Junior.

MrsPnut Wed 11-Oct-17 21:37:47

Subscription to National Geographic kids? It comes each month with great animal collector cards as well as having loads of animal stories.
Sponsor an animal with WWF? You get sent stuff every quarter telling you how they are saving your animal and you get a fluffy toy in your first pack.

dannyboyle Wed 11-Oct-17 22:03:58

Thanks all. This has given me some good ideas to investigate. X

Stompythedinosaur Thu 12-Oct-17 00:59:59

We've had a lot if play out of this toy rabbit hutch.

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Thu 12-Oct-17 01:04:11

What about Schleich? They're doing advent calendars this year which would be a nice start.

PerspicaciaTick Thu 12-Oct-17 01:20:01

How about an Origami Animals book (they usually come with paper too)?

Also Flip a zoo animals from Argos.

An Animal Shrinkles set (any Shrinkles - Shrinkles are fab).

blahblahblah2000 Thu 12-Oct-17 01:44:12

Hexbugs?

LiquoricePickle Thu 12-Oct-17 04:09:20

Definitely Schleich animals (the advent calendar) and what about a magazine subscription to kids national geographic? Does he like reading? There are some great books out there.

TeenTimesTwo Thu 12-Oct-17 09:32:23

NG Kids magazine

Animal hospital toys (ebay)

Many zoo keeper experiences are £££ and not great value for money and have age limits. However if you live anywhere near the New Forest Wildlife Park is (or at least used to be) very good value for money.

noramum Thu 12-Oct-17 10:20:20

DD had a zookeeper experience at Colchester zoo, price was ok s it includes both her ticket and an adult one plus a food voucher.

Calendar with her favourite animals or general wildlife one
NG Junior is great
Books, DD loved Animal Ark at that age, I don't think they go out of fashion. Or an animal encyclopaedia.

Pigletthedog Thu 12-Oct-17 10:34:50

My parents bought this for my 8 year old, i would highly recommend it. They also do a stick insect one.

Bonelessbanquet Thu 12-Oct-17 10:46:21

DD wants the fur real tiger, it's so expensive for what it does though!

MrsPnut Thu 12-Oct-17 19:56:48

My daughter did the junior keeper at Yorkshire Wildlife Park last year and she still thinks it was the best day of her life but you have to be 10.

BlanketSky Thu 12-Oct-17 22:23:02

Ecokids planet magazine would be worth a look, my almost 7yo has a subscription and enjoys it www.ecokidsplanet.co.uk

TeenagersandFurbabies Thu 12-Oct-17 22:26:23

Littlest Pet Shop my girls loved these sets & animals

SleightOfMind Thu 12-Oct-17 23:06:48

A bit mad but I've got these for my animal loving DC.
They are adult sized but great if yours likes one of the creatures they've got.

Cannot wait to see their faces - or not I suppose!

ArcheryAnnie Thu 12-Oct-17 23:13:06

Start reading her the Gerald Durrell books at bedtime!

Start with Rosie Is My Relative.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now