Talk

Advanced search

The Carrot Debate

(13 Posts)
OutnumberedbyFurchesters Wed 11-Oct-17 16:48:23

Me and DH have been arguing discussing about where the Carrot goes for the reindeer on christmas Eve and what the story is for how the reindeer get it... two scenarios;

1) Carrot is left by side of Father Christmas' drink and treat, and he takes it up to reindeer to eat when he goes back up chimney.. carrot may be snapped in half by FC before taken or half of carrot drop off roof (be thrown outside) to be found in morning by DD.

2) Carrot is thrown outside in garden by DD before she goes to bed, so reindeer can eat it whilst FC is in house busy doing stocking and presents. DD in morning can then go outside and find carrot with big bite mark in it from DH reindeer. Story is that Reindeer land on roof then pop into garden to eat carrot.

Which of these happens in your house? Totally different scenario?

ThereIsIron Wed 11-Oct-17 16:56:41

Reindeer come down the chimney and eat the carrot in the living room. They have left muddy hoof prints in the past.

BusterTheBulldog Wed 11-Oct-17 16:57:02

1 for us. The reindeer land on the roof obviously, so FC has to take them out for them.

handsfree Wed 11-Oct-17 17:13:41

1 here.
Ds also likes to leave a carrot per raindeer grin

liquidrevolution Wed 11-Oct-17 17:15:30

Santa takes the carrot in the garden. Who wants a reindeer in the house?grin

Fekko Wed 11-Oct-17 17:17:59

We leave a mince pie for the Rudolph. Part of a balanced diet...

Annwithnoe Wed 11-Oct-17 17:20:23

We tried the carrots in the living room, but the problem with that was they eat the carrots on the roof and drop half chewed bits down the chimney. It's not pleasant picking bits of carrot out of the coals before you can light the (gas) fire.

So the next year we left it in the garden but landing a sleigh and a team of reindeer in a suburban garden isn't easy. The lawn was gouged up and there were hoof prints everywhere.

We tried just not leaving any carrot at all and the entitled feckers took a bite out of my bush, and pooed in the garden which I don't believe was an accident.

Hufflepuff719 Wed 11-Oct-17 17:21:15

Santa comes down the chimney, take the carrot up the chimney to Rudolph. Santa brings the carrot back down the chimney and eats his mince pie.

Carrot half eaten is on the plate in the house with mince pie crumbssmile

Makemineacabsauv Wed 11-Oct-17 19:16:55

Reindeer are led to the the house hit the glittery reindeer food surely which they eat while Santa is inside. Then Santa brings out the carrots to them after drinking the Bailey’s! In our house Rudolphgeys a very shiny red apple which the dc has to polish to make shiny (when they were Wee, teens now who won’t sadly). DGdad told them it helps keep his nose bright and shiny and it kept them quiet for ages. They usually put 2 out just to have one each to shine!!!

73kittycat73 Fri 13-Oct-17 02:46:37

Agree with ThereIsIron. Rudolph comes down with Father Christmas. fsmile

SleepingStandingUp Fri 13-Oct-17 02:51:58

Well Rudolph eats he magic reindeer food on tube lawn whilst Santa is eating his mincepie and brandy. Then Santa takes the carrot out to him. I guess he probably leaves the end on the grass?? Ds is 2 I havn't got that far

abbsisspartacus Fri 13-Oct-17 03:25:13

Leave it on the plate chop it up and eat it for lunch no evidence left

SundayLunchHappy Fri 13-Oct-17 14:43:59

Made me smile a lot.

I think Rudolph comes down the chimney, but over the years and years of doing it (as the child and as the mince pie and brandy swigging adult), I've never actually questioned why there would be a half chewed carrot back in the sitting room after a reindeer had munched on it...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: