Talk

Advanced search

Where do you stash the presents?

(37 Posts)
peachy94 Tue 10-Oct-17 14:55:38

Most of what I've got so far is in DDs wardrobe under a mountain of outgrown clothes on top to hide them from DS but I'm running out of space 😩 Big box of Lego on top of our wardrobe and another set of Lego is still in its Amazon box in the lounge but DS thinks it's more of OHs tools 🙄 Where do you put everything?!

MrsHathaway Tue 10-Oct-17 14:57:09

Spare room, in bags or under blankets. If necessary, in the camping trailer, but it lives outside so that's only for very sealed things.

It helps if your DC don't believe in FC so they know there will be stuff around. Wrap early if they might be tempted to peek.

Dinosauratemydaffodils Tue 10-Oct-17 14:59:41

We have a very tall hall cupboard on the half landing leading to the bedrooms. I (5'8) can't reach the top without a chair to stand on so ds should have no chance for many years to come. Other things are under the spare bed, hidden in a weird small cupboard under the stairs and at the very top of the larder in a plastic tub. At the moment my issue is hiding DH's presents, especially the edible ones.

Justgivemesomepeace Tue 10-Oct-17 15:04:10

In the holiday suitcases, on top of the wardrobe and in my dad's workshop!

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Tue 10-Oct-17 15:05:57

In the bathroom cupboards because they are huge and DS is 3 so not at snooping age. After that they will probably go in the Horsebox grin

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 10-Oct-17 15:08:47

In the loft if they are big it in the top of my wardrobe in the suitcases that normally live there if they are small.

MuddlingThroughLife Tue 10-Oct-17 15:10:26

I always used to wrap them, put them in black bags and shove them in the attic. Now only 1 out of 3 believes so they're all in my bedroom in bags. Ds (the one who still believes) just thinks it's stuff for family members.

TheWoollybacksWife Tue 10-Oct-17 15:40:29

In my ottoman bed base. It's huge and currently only about half full although I don't have to store giant lego sets or toy kitchens any more.

December11 Tue 10-Oct-17 15:45:26

Smaller stuff gets stashed in my wardrobe. Bigger stuff usually goes in the attic or in suitcases. At the moment I've an amazon box in my room unopened with stuff in it. I think I need to be more careful this year as she is almost 9 so will be more aware.

heartofhome Tue 10-Oct-17 15:54:05

Attic, suitcases, parents house, caravan outside, Friends house if stuck

BroomstickOfLove Tue 10-Oct-17 15:59:03

In my wardrobe, in the airing cupboard and under my bed.

fionnbharr Tue 10-Oct-17 16:00:36

-in suitcases at someone else’s house until nearer Christmas.
-then locked in the boot of the car

ScrabbleFiend Tue 10-Oct-17 16:03:44

I have an under stair cupboard that the sofa sits up against, it's a great hiding place, can't believe DS(9) still hasn't worked out where I keep the presents. He's genuinely perplexed.

Allthepinkunicorns Tue 10-Oct-17 16:27:08

At the bottom of my wardrobe under a mound of clothes. I really need to find somewhere else to hide them as my ds loves playing hide and seek and will probably find them sooner or later.

StaySexyDontGetMurdered Tue 10-Oct-17 16:29:33

Under the bed in the spare room, top shelf of the airing cupboard, at the back of DHs huge wardrobe. I've also asked family members if they will hold some things in the past.

HoobleDooble Tue 10-Oct-17 16:37:57

Behind my clothes in the wardrobe and under my bed, either in Amazon brown boxes or in my big plastic storage box (with throws wrapped round everything, so it just looks like I’m storing textiles in there). It doesn’t seem to have occurred to DS (nearly 9) to have gone looking for stuff, so we’ve got away with it up till now.

YellowMakesMeSmile Tue 10-Oct-17 17:42:11

The attic. Wouldn't have room in a wardrobe or cupboard paper for more than the odd gift. Thankfully mine never snoop so the Amazon boxes are safe until added to the rest grin

Cakescakescakes Tue 10-Oct-17 17:47:54

In the boot of my car in bin bags. They NEVER look in there and even if they did they’d only see bags and my boot is generally full of bits and bobs anyway. I drive around for weeks with a boot full of presents smile

Justabadwife Wed 11-Oct-17 07:20:39

At my mums, in the wardrobe of my brothers old bedroom. ☺ its up a seperate flight of stairs. There is only that bedroom and a bathroom up there. So no need for dd to be up there. smile

ShowOfHands Wed 11-Oct-17 07:26:08

In the back of the wardrobe in bags but the dc know they are there. I've always told them with instructions not to look. It means they don't stumble across them.

1DAD2KIDS Wed 11-Oct-17 07:27:31

Just in the wardrobes under blankets. My kids are young and have yet to get the notion to go present hunting in my bedroom. Altgough in the summer my little girl did find a toy r us receipt in my draw and said daddy I know I'm getting for my Birthday, its playmobil for but I don't know which one, DOH!

(FYI it was a pirate ship and she loved it)

Brittbugs80 Wed 11-Oct-17 07:33:48

Under the bed as we have an ottoman one. We have build in wardrobes and I have a chest of drawers that I put some in.

Because our bedroom door is always open, behind it, is a door that opens into the wardrobe so we put stuff in there. If I'm being honest, I think DS thinks there is only 3 doors to the wardrobe when there is in fact 4!

whensitmyturn Wed 11-Oct-17 07:38:22

On top of highest shelves in various cupboards wrapped in bin bags and hidden inside those giant zip up laundry/storage bags you can buy. I even layer some old clothes on the top so if they unzipped the bags they'd just think it was clothes for the charity shop.

TheNewMrs Wed 11-Oct-17 07:45:45

We keep all of DSDs things in a spare room at my Mam and Dad's smile wrap as we buy and then I'll pick everything up on my way home from work on Christmas Eve!

Bluebell9 Thu 12-Oct-17 13:40:47

Under the my bed or in the garage. My sister puts them in a suitcase with a lock on that only she knows the code to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now