Talk

Advanced search

Good Christmas Market in East Yorkshire or surounding area?

(8 Posts)
just5morepeas Tue 10-Oct-17 14:03:05

I'd like to visit a Christmas Market with my Mum this year and wanted to know if anyone had been to a good one in East Yorkshire or nearby?

Is the Leeds one any good? I've heard conflicting stories of the Leeds market so thought I'd ask. Are there any others nearby that would be worth visiting? York? Does Beverly have one?

Thanks in advance for any tips people might have! smile

Wormwoodm Tue 10-Oct-17 14:22:46

Beverley is lovely but very busy. We went a few years ago and reindeer pulled Santa through the centre. I’d suggest arrive early. York has the st Nicolas fare and then york Christmas market, one after the other. Not been to Leeds but also meant to be good

CandyMelts Wed 11-Oct-17 11:05:09

Lincoln is lovely, and huge, if that's not far from you?
York and Leeds both good too

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Wed 11-Oct-17 11:08:43

York, in the run up to Christmas, is very crowded and very magical.

tootsieglitterballs Wed 11-Oct-17 17:00:58

100% york. Really lovely, lots of local stalls, lovely food stalls great atmosphere, and the rest of york to wander around too. Adore york at Christmas!

just5morepeas Thu 12-Oct-17 00:55:42

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm edging towards York. My Mum doesn't like driving (and I can't) but she doesn't mind the park and ride at York I don't think.

blanklook Thu 12-Oct-17 01:50:40

There's a Christmas Shop in Stonegate in York, very expensive but lovely to look around all year.
unternehmen.kaethe-wohlfahrt.com/en/christmas-stores/kaethe-wohlfahrt-york

These may be too far out for you OP, but anyone else interested in visiting more rural E Yorks may like them

Much smaller scale, but Burton Agnes Hall and Sledmere House both have their own.

Burton Agnes charge their usual garden price for admission (and you can also look round the gardens as well) 28 October 2017 - 29 October 2017
www.burtonagnes.com/DB/Events/Michaelmas_Fair.html

Sledmere have theirs opposite the House (not open for visiting at that time of year) in part of the stables buildings
Fri 1st December to Sun 3rd December (9.30 am to 4.00 pm)
www.sledmerehouse.com/DB/events/christmas-craft-and-food-fair.html

tootsieglitterballs Thu 12-Oct-17 09:50:29

@just5morepeas the park and rice in york is fab... if you park at the designer outlet, one runs from there which is brilliant as you can have a nosey there too!

Oooh, hoping baby makes a well timed appearance so I can get to york this Christmas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now