Talk

Advanced search

Advent Calendar Ideas

(9 Posts)
newmums2016 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:40:47

I'm sorry if this has been posted (or if you think it's too early!) but I usually get a beauty advent calendar (which you have to buy ages in advance cos they sell out) and this year i thought I'd get something different and because I'm a big kid. Anyone seen anything a bit different this year?

Lovemusic33 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:44:54

Asda are doing a cheese advent calendar? grin it's different.

I like the Yankee candle Calender but can never afford one. The alcohol ones look good too, have seen gin, wine and beer calendars.

RippleEffects Sun 08-Oct-17 21:49:36

WERA compact tool advent

I got a really cheap one of these on black Friday a few years ago for my eldest son. I've had tool envy ever since. I do have quite a few tools but I thought it would make a lovely little quality in the house set.

buckeejit Sun 08-Oct-17 21:53:06

I don't think there's anything as good value as the beauty ones tbh. The lookfantastic one is good, other than that the cheese is the only one I've seen.

I'd be all over a lovely wine one but it's not cost effective to package wine into smaller quantifies & some people might not want a full bottle each day 😜

What are you into?

newmums2016 Sun 08-Oct-17 21:55:40

A cheese one - wow, that would be great smile love the alcohol ones but they are always so expensive......

Ah that tool one looks cool, my hubby would love that! Off to google I go

noramum Mon 09-Oct-17 08:28:15

I had a wine one last year (Virgin wines) but was quite disapponted with the selection. The bottles are 25cl, so a nice glass per day or two on a weekend.

Aldi will do one I heard for around 50 pounds, I think I will check it out. I think it comes to 2pounds/bottle.

The beauty ones I find overpriced for the size of the items.

I thought I do my own one, get several bits I actually like (mini bottle wine or processo, chocolate, travel size shower gel etc) and wrap them and let DD put numbers on it so I don't know what I get per day. May get expensive though.

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 15-Oct-17 17:39:46

I got the Costco Gin one today which was only £60 inc VAT. I've only seen them at £100+ before.

Leeds2 Sun 15-Oct-17 17:56:40

A couple of years ago, I got my DD a tea one from Not On The High
Street. Came with a string to pin up, and a different tea bag in coloured, numbered envelopes which you pegged to the string. She liked it!

newmums2016 Sun 15-Oct-17 19:10:17

There's so much choice nowadays it's hard to pick especially since I'm like an excited child! I think I'll look at NOTHS as they are quite good apparently

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now