Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Magazines?

(5 Posts)
inthewoodshed Sun 08-Oct-17 18:51:47

Spotted the first Christmassy magazines creeping onto the shelves and couldn't resist buying Country Living's offering this year. Anyone have any recommendations for other good ones?

I have a subscription to Good Housekeeping but have seen their Christmas special on the shelves already. Does anyone know if this is included in the subscription (ie as the December issue) or is this another one I need want to buy on top?

A1Sharon Sun 08-Oct-17 22:45:57

Don't know about the subscription but I bought the GH Christmas food magazine the other day and it was total shite!

popcornpaws Mon 09-Oct-17 07:30:46

Every year I promise myself I won't be seduced into buying all the Christmas glossy mags, and most years I fail and up buying most of them.
My recommendations based on previous years are Scottish Field, Country Living, Red, Essentials, Good Housekeeping (although I was disappointed in last years effort) and no the Christmas special won't be included in your subscription, but don't bother buying it, total waste of money.

flippychick Mon 09-Oct-17 07:32:58

Why not subscribe to Readly for a couple of months - there seem to be a lot of Christmas special magazines from craft to food to decoration.

As a bonus you'll also have access to previous year's Christmas publications.

tootsieglitterballs Mon 09-Oct-17 09:25:22

The GH one isn’t the ‘December edition’ which comes out the end of this month , so you don’t get that one included in your subscription sadly.

The country living one is lovely! I do however love getting the December country living too.

I’ve got a couple so far but the CL one is my favourite. Some of them are just full of tat, and so blooming expensive!

I keep all my GH ones and re read them year after year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now