Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas for geeky/cool 15 y/o?

(12 Posts)
Sadik Sun 08-Oct-17 10:29:53

Probably not clothes as I've done that for the last few birthdays/xmases, and I'd really like to come up with something different. Not tech - she's got a phone, and have agreed with ex-H that we'll jointly get her a new laptop for her 16th birthday ready for 6th form.
I can do small presents/stockingfillers easily (posters/books/stationary/earrings etc always go down well), but am struggling for a main present. Budget probably around £50 but could spend more for something perfect IYKWIM.
She's into fandom stuff (Vlog brothers / Harry Potter / Steven Universe / endless tumblr blogs), space exploration, general geeky sorts of things.

Ricekrispie22 Sun 08-Oct-17 11:45:38

Any of the Wrebbit 3D Harry Potter sets or this ring www.truffleshuffle.co.uk/product/22599/sterling-silver-harry-potter-deathly-hallows-ring
How about tickets to the Warner Bros Harry Potter studio?
It's also worth checking out sites like geekcore and truffleshuffle

tistheseason2bjolly Sun 08-Oct-17 16:51:39

www.thinkgeek.com

They do ship to UK but still expensive. Might give you some inspiration.

FrankieStein Sun 08-Oct-17 16:57:16

A bit random but depending where you are maybe tickets to something like a comic convention for the new year?
Failing that maybe a hamper that you put together with some mod price stuff from one of her fandoms? (Example: Harry Potter pj’s, wand pencils, house mug and scarf, themed stationary/jewellery, themed sweets, etc etc)

FrankieStein Sun 08-Oct-17 16:57:49

Mid price. Not mod price. My phone has gremlins

LittleLights Sun 08-Oct-17 17:00:32

Geek box thing

It's a monthly subscription and you get sent a box a month.

Will try to find a link

LittleLights Sun 08-Oct-17 17:01:18

m.mygeekbox.co.uk

Sadik Mon 09-Oct-17 19:11:45

Sorry - started this then had to go out! FrankieStein - comicon not random at all - would be perfect, but I know ex-H has got her tickets for a sci-fi weekender in Feb half term so pipped at the post. (He's taking her too so fair play to him . . .)
Will definitely checkout geekbox though, and I also do like the hamper idea - she could do with a new washing basket in her room, so could maybe find a nice wicker one and fill it with interesting bits & pieces.

nutnerk Mon 09-Oct-17 19:21:21

I recently got a cool gift for my geeky partner. Hes almost 30, so might not be appropriate, but I would have loved this as a teen..

These are posters, created by Nasa to look like 60s tourist posters for various planets/stars etc: www.jpl.nasa.gov/visions-of-the-future/

I think they look really cool, have a great story. You can download a very high quality image for free and then just get them printed by a proper printers and framed.

jj21 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:23:57

nutnerk they are fab, thank you for this link. DS (and I) will love these, and especially love that they have a story.

Idontmeanto Tue 10-Oct-17 20:31:47

My geeky girl got a ukulele last Christmas that still gets played most days.

Sadik Tue 10-Oct-17 21:18:58

I'd seen those posters nutnerk but hadn't thought of getting them printed at a printers - that's a brilliant idea. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now