Advanced search

Any ideas for geeky/cool 15 y/o?

(12 Posts)
Sadik Sun 08-Oct-17 10:29:53

Probably not clothes as I've done that for the last few birthdays/xmases, and I'd really like to come up with something different. Not tech - she's got a phone, and have agreed with ex-H that we'll jointly get her a new laptop for her 16th birthday ready for 6th form.
I can do small presents/stockingfillers easily (posters/books/stationary/earrings etc always go down well), but am struggling for a main present. Budget probably around £50 but could spend more for something perfect IYKWIM.
She's into fandom stuff (Vlog brothers / Harry Potter / Steven Universe / endless tumblr blogs), space exploration, general geeky sorts of things.

Ricekrispie22 Sun 08-Oct-17 11:45:38

Any of the Wrebbit 3D Harry Potter sets or this ring
How about tickets to the Warner Bros Harry Potter studio?
It's also worth checking out sites like geekcore and truffleshuffle

tistheseason2bjolly Sun 08-Oct-17 16:51:39

They do ship to UK but still expensive. Might give you some inspiration.

FrankieStein Sun 08-Oct-17 16:57:16

A bit random but depending where you are maybe tickets to something like a comic convention for the new year?
Failing that maybe a hamper that you put together with some mod price stuff from one of her fandoms? (Example: Harry Potter pj’s, wand pencils, house mug and scarf, themed stationary/jewellery, themed sweets, etc etc)

FrankieStein Sun 08-Oct-17 16:57:49

Mid price. Not mod price. My phone has gremlins

LittleLights Sun 08-Oct-17 17:00:32

Geek box thing

It's a monthly subscription and you get sent a box a month.

Will try to find a link

LittleLights Sun 08-Oct-17 17:01:18

Sadik Mon 09-Oct-17 19:11:45

Sorry - started this then had to go out! FrankieStein - comicon not random at all - would be perfect, but I know ex-H has got her tickets for a sci-fi weekender in Feb half term so pipped at the post. (He's taking her too so fair play to him . . .)
Will definitely checkout geekbox though, and I also do like the hamper idea - she could do with a new washing basket in her room, so could maybe find a nice wicker one and fill it with interesting bits & pieces.

nutnerk Mon 09-Oct-17 19:21:21

I recently got a cool gift for my geeky partner. Hes almost 30, so might not be appropriate, but I would have loved this as a teen..

These are posters, created by Nasa to look like 60s tourist posters for various planets/stars etc:

I think they look really cool, have a great story. You can download a very high quality image for free and then just get them printed by a proper printers and framed.

jj21 Mon 09-Oct-17 21:23:57

nutnerk they are fab, thank you for this link. DS (and I) will love these, and especially love that they have a story.

Idontmeanto Tue 10-Oct-17 20:31:47

My geeky girl got a ukulele last Christmas that still gets played most days.

Sadik Tue 10-Oct-17 21:18:58

I'd seen those posters nutnerk but hadn't thought of getting them printed at a printers - that's a brilliant idea. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now