Talk

Advanced search

sprocket

(20 Posts)
allthingsred Sat 07-Oct-17 16:38:13

Hi just after more info on them.
My dd has a Polaroid bit it's too clunky for every day use. She has an iPhone 5 & about a zillion pics she wants to print off so I thought a sprocket was a good idea.
Does anyone have experience of them? Do they work with iPhone 5? Etc

poorbuthappy Sat 07-Oct-17 16:44:08

Watching with interest.

Potofbobbles Sat 07-Oct-17 18:02:34

Following as looking at these also

PerfumeIsAMessage Sat 07-Oct-17 18:35:14

I got dd one just this week for her birthday!

She loves it thus far, she doesn't have an iphone, but I think on the box it says it is compatible, hold on, I'll go into the pit and have a look.

Ok, on the box it says compatible with iphone ipad blabla and you can download the app from the apple store.

Be aware, the photos are very small- they are big stickers effectively- she loves it anyway. I hummed and hawed thinking well, maybe a Polaroid style camera- but she has a proper 35mm camera and obvs her phone and the great thing about the Sprocket is how small it is.

The paper is quite expensive- I bought her abox of 50 and told her that from now on, pocket money gets her the papers- she's not to forget and just print everything!

I paid £89 from Amazon.

allthingsred Sat 07-Oct-17 19:05:34

Thank you pefume.
Like I said my dd has a Polaroid which she enjoys but it's so big & clunky she hardly takes it out.
I thought this maybe good as she takes loads of pics. It looks quite fun to print off.
Size of pics make me 😐😐 but sounds like something a teen girl will love.

OSETmum Sat 07-Oct-17 21:12:58

Argh, this is exactly what ds is after and we never knew it actually exists! It’s expensive though for an 8 year old!

Makemineacabsauv Sat 07-Oct-17 22:52:58

Dd wants one and also an echo and I have no clue about either!

Mupflup Sat 07-Oct-17 22:56:45

I thought this was going to be about the dog from Fraggle Rock! <disappointed>. As you were....

DontOpenDeadInside Sun 08-Oct-17 10:04:37

Op are they not compatible with android?

DontOpenDeadInside Sun 08-Oct-17 10:06:03

Just cgecked, it is. Panicked for a bit there.

allthingsred Sun 08-Oct-17 16:49:59

Make mine. .
We have the echo dot & it is a hit. A bit annoying when my 7yo son just says 'alexa play the poop song' for the millionth time but the older kids love it.
Helps with homework without them having to look at a screen as well

ScarlettDarling Sun 08-Oct-17 17:41:26

Op, I got my ds one as a little Christmas surprise. It was £99 from Very but if you are a new customer you can get £30 off when you open an account ( they sent me a mailing with a code on but I bet the code is to be found online somewhere)

Makemineacabsauv Sun 08-Oct-17 19:14:31

Thanks allthingsred, I didn’t think about the homework aspect! That’s handy! No doubt some annoying nonsense would be on non stop in this house too!!

OnlyTheDepthVaries Sun 08-Oct-17 19:30:36

After reading about them on MN I bought one yesterday for DS(20). I think he will love it...bit of a fun thing. The papers are small and expensive. £89 in John Lewis.

allthingsred Tue 10-Oct-17 08:15:17

I've given in and bought one.
Fingers crossed she likes it ☺☺

Summertime10 Tue 10-Oct-17 16:55:45

Hi everyone, apparently the polaroid zink papers are compatible with the hp sprocket and are cheaper than the official hp papers. I found a pack of 30 polaroid papers for £12.99, which is a good deal imo. Hth

allthingsred Wed 11-Oct-17 19:17:17

That's great summertime
I was wondering if it would be the same. Where did you find the paper from for that price. Do you have a link please?

Makemineacabsauv Wed 11-Oct-17 22:10:36

Yeah a cheap paper link would be great as dd will use it on absolute nonsense!!

Summertime10 Thu 12-Oct-17 08:49:55

Hi, this is the link. www.boots.com/polaroid-zink-2x3-instant-print-30-sheets-paper-10207494?cm_mmc=bmm-_-Google+Boots+PLAs-_-BAU-_-C=%28GB%3AWhoop%21%29+Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Electrical+Beauty-+Brand_%28GB%3AWhoop%21%29+Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Electrical+Beauty&gclid=CjwKCAjwpfzOBRA5EiwAU0ccN_UgPVOsmm0_qUv30BHRn3lCOe0qMJ0iJD3QzyjQc2w_mjwex0AEQhoCDeIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid
There's an instruction video on YouTube explaining how to get the polaroid paper to work in the sprocket.

Makemineacabsauv Thu 12-Oct-17 20:24:06

Fabtastic, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now