Talk

Advanced search

Nerf battle zone with cardboard boxes?!

(7 Posts)
CakeNinja Sat 07-Oct-17 00:37:32

Technically not a Christmas thread as he's asked for this as his birthday present, but ds has asked for a nerf battle fort made with cardboard boxes?! He's a funny little soul grin
I will buy an array of nerf weapons, the nerf vest is particularly important to him, but the sticking point are the crucial forts made of carboard boxes! Any suggestions of how I do this for him? I'm the least creative person but I'm willing to try. Is it as simple as just buying cardboard packing boxes and selotaping them together?!

ScouseQueen Sat 07-Oct-17 00:52:16

I'm no help but I'll ask my DH who's very good with this kind of thing.

NeitherNowtNorSummat01 Sat 07-Oct-17 03:49:32

Would this be any good?

www.hobbycraft.co.uk/colour-in-cardboard-castle-91-cm/618595-1000
Last year, these were reduced near Christmas to half price-

NeitherNowtNorSummat01 Sat 07-Oct-17 03:53:16

Failing that, Pinterest Is your friend... though you'd need some bloody big boxes

Stompythedinosaur Sat 07-Oct-17 10:10:26

We made a massive cardboard castle and tunnel network for a birthday party once. Where would the fort need to be built?

I was able to get some boxes from work, but I bought some additional extra large packing boxes from Amazon (spent about £22 but got quite a lot of boxes).

In the centre we had the castle bit, which was 4 boxes taped together with an open top (and castillatiins cut in the top). Then had tunnels from either side, basically boxes taped together, but with some turns and dead ends. We also put a disco light and a plasma ball in different places to be found.

If you look up 'cardboard box fort' on Pinterest there are a lot of ideas.

Stompythedinosaur Sat 07-Oct-17 10:11:02

Castellations!

CakeNinja Sat 07-Oct-17 15:34:50

Thanks for all your excellent suggestions, I will have a proper read through tonight, but just to add that we have a spare room where the fort will be built and housed, also the kitchen is big enough to have 2 battle zones (away from the cooker etc, quite safe!). I'm imagining they won't be long term fixtures, it's just what he really really wants for his birthday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now