Talk

Advanced search

M&S musical Christmas Tree tin (shortbread)

(11 Posts)
GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Fri 06-Oct-17 16:48:41

Couldn't resist one of these today, for Gdcs. They're only 1 and 2. Won't hand it over till after Bonfire Night, though! Its very pretty - revolves and plays We Wish You A Merry Christmas.
Someone else will probably have to eat the shortbread - I don't much like it so will volunteer Dh. Don't suppose he'll protest too much...

NoWordForFluffy Fri 06-Oct-17 17:11:14

Ooh. Didn’t see those today. Will look tomorrow!

ohmyblob Fri 06-Oct-17 17:44:11

I got one last year, it may be a different design this year, I liked it. We didn't have any problems getting someone to each the shortbread!

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Fri 06-Oct-17 17:53:30

It is slightly different, I think, but just as nice.
Bought one a couple of yrs ago - pre Gdcs - for the children of a refugee woman I was helping with her English. It went down v well.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 06-Oct-17 17:56:54

They had the stag picture tin (50% off) , I will try and get some tomorrow .

Someone at work had the Musical one last year, good fun .

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Fri 06-Oct-17 18:07:20

I bought the stag tin today, too! Shortbread mostly for Dh - I like the tin!

OhtoblazeswithElvira Fri 06-Oct-17 18:09:56

Link please OP! I've seen something similar in a catalogue but with lebkuchen (sp?) - looking for alternatives as it's so overpriced .

PotteringAlong Fri 06-Oct-17 18:09:59

I've got last years! Love it!

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Fri 06-Oct-17 18:49:49

It's not on the M and S website, Elvira, and sorry, but I can never remember how to add photos to posts on the iPad.
If it's any help, it's about 30 cm high, conical, green and decorated-Christmas-tree-ish, and costs £10 in store. Inside is 250 g of all-butter shortbread.

NoWordForFluffy Fri 06-Oct-17 18:54:41

They did all the musical ones at half price for a while last year. I might wait for that to happen again this year!

christmasunicorn Fri 06-Oct-17 22:04:30

I had one a couple of years ago. Wanted last years but I think it sold out (or at least wasn’t online and I rarely go RL shopping these days). We’ve just had an m&s food shop open so I might actually get one this year!! Dh loves shortbread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now