Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a scooter for a 10 yr old boy

(11 Posts)
macnab Fri 06-Oct-17 14:40:50

Last year DS got a scooter, he hadn't asked for it, it was a last minute twitch fgrin He loved it, but very quickly said it wasn't the right type of scooter and after a few months it was broken. He is now saying that he'd like a 'real' scooter this year and I'm not really sure what one to go for. We have a skate park nearby so I think he'd like something that he can use there. But of course I am looking for a bargain! So any suggestions for something suitable and bargainous would be great!

usernameavailable Fri 06-Oct-17 16:21:59

My daughter loves this scooter. I find it is good quality. We changed the foot grip as it is of a firey devilish face.

usernameavailable Fri 06-Oct-17 16:22:19

Can be bought from argos too i think

macnab Fri 06-Oct-17 22:24:34

That's the one he got last Christmas usernameavailable !

Maybe be he's just very heavy-footed but it broke after just a few months and he says he wasn't able to do stunts on it which is not a bad thing in my book Maybe we need something sturdier...

monkeywithacowface Fri 06-Oct-17 22:27:05

My 12 year old has this one and it's taken a battering with stunts at the skate park and is still going strong

www.skatehut.co.uk/brands/madd_gear_pro/browse_all/mgp_vx7_team_complete_scooter_electric_blue_chrome.htm

NC4now Fri 06-Oct-17 22:27:13

My teenage DS is a skater and sees lots of scooter kids down at the skateparks where he rides. He says MGP is the make to have.

NC4now Fri 06-Oct-17 22:27:59

X-posted with monkey

Great minds!!

ineedamoreadultieradult Fri 06-Oct-17 22:30:36

My 10 year old says something like this. It absolutely must not fold or have adjustable height handlebars apparently!

macnab Sat 07-Oct-17 09:26:28

Thank you all! Clearly have to re-think my budget <fshock>

Carrie76 Sat 07-Oct-17 09:42:36

How about this razor I'd love to buy it for my ds but they don't deliver to ireland. It's more expensive on other sites

WeAllHaveWings Fri 13-Oct-17 20:56:15

We got ds a mgp around that age. It's lasted 4 years of abuse, had new wheels, a respray, hand grips and new grip tape. The main structure is rock solid and won't break. If he's into scooters it's a case of buy cheap buy twice.

Definitely not folding or adjusting handle bars, it needs to be solid but light if it's for a skate park.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now