Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What are you buying your 6 year old?

(9 Posts)
SarahH12 Thu 05-Oct-17 15:30:52

Looking for ideas to buy (almost) 6 year old DSD. She is quite a young 6 in many ways too. Her current favourite toys are her Ikea wooden cars she's had for years and this god awful loud till which we'd definitely not like to get something similar to that! Those sorts of loud toys are definitely reserved for others (thanks to her Aunty for buying her that!).

Absolutely no clue what to get tbh. Last time we asked what she wants she says she doesn't know.

junebirthdaygirl Thu 05-Oct-17 15:36:44

If she only comes every second weekend board games are good as ye can all play together. Or lots of art materials/ playdough so ye can make stuff together. I have a gd that age and these have been successful for weekend visiting. Also some books to read together.

shakemysilliesout Thu 05-Oct-17 15:38:03

My 6 yr old is quite young, or normal, not sure! But she likes cuddly toys, play doh kits, build a Bear, guess who, sort of getting in to Sylvanians and likes the look of hatchimals and bushbabys that she sees in adverts. The Sylvanians camper van is sweet and good for imagination play. Our till and post box are still very popular and we bought a tea set and food to go with the till.

Evelynismyspyname Thu 05-Oct-17 15:41:06

My 6 year old reminded me yesterday at bedtime that I've promised to get him a nurf gun for Christmas. I have no recollection of promising that, and suspect it was a daydream of his... However I probably will now get him a nurf gun grin

Evelynismyspyname Thu 05-Oct-17 15:44:48

He Likes Playmobil too though - he has the big house which was his sister's and the pyramid and they get lots of play in some weird fantasy world where the two are natural neighbors and the skeletons and ancient Egyptian Playmobil people interact with the modern family in the house, and some pirates and knight Playmobil, and a dragon...

TheOnlyPink Thu 05-Oct-17 15:58:27

My almost 6 year old loves the Lego junior sets. They've lots of variety and are very easy to build.

MrEBear Fri 06-Oct-17 09:23:34

I'd look at Lego city or Friends lots of vehicles but with people to add stories too.

SarahH12 Fri 06-Oct-17 14:58:12

I think we may potentially look at classic Lego. I (and DP) have never been overly fond of those lego city / friend sets. I don't really know why, maybe just because I grew up with the classic Lego and loved it.

Stompythedinosaur Fri 06-Oct-17 15:27:05

The lego creator sets remind me of lego from my own childhood. That said, my 6yo gets a lot of use out of the Lego friends/elves stuff we have, as they have a lot more of the gems and other interesting pieces.

We ate getting dd1:
Coding mouse toy
Spy set with walkie talkies
Egypt playmobil
Magic set
Design a friend doll and clothes
Blo pens set
Possibly one of those big lol doll balls if we can get one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now