Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

And another... presents for 9 year old DD

(23 Posts)
newlabelwriter Thu 05-Oct-17 12:34:41

That's it really. I need something at about £50 (ish) she has some games, lego and a few other things she wants but I want something main present wise. She has asked for Heelys but the roller skates I bought for her last year as still gathering dust so I am a bit loathe to get them and also I think she asking because she can't think of anything else. Any ideas at all be lovely. Thank you!

newlabelwriter Mon 09-Oct-17 14:27:02

bumping

iamUberA Mon 09-Oct-17 14:34:22

Dd really wants this it's £40 in Asda at the moment she's nearly 9

DubiousCredentials Mon 09-Oct-17 14:48:46

MP3 player? Ds has a little sandisk one that was about £30. It’s really good value.

newlabelwriter Mon 09-Oct-17 15:08:41

iamUberA she would love that!

December11 Mon 09-Oct-17 15:54:40

DD really wants the playmobil hospital, she'll be 9 at christmas.
She got heelys recently and they havent had much use. Does your DD have a flickr or how about a keyboard?

lovelyjubilly Mon 09-Oct-17 21:52:43

December do you have an asda near you? I got the playmobil hospital in Asda a few days ago reduced from £65 to £30...

December11 Mon 09-Oct-17 22:21:34

Thanks @lovelyjubilly Unfortunately I'm in Ireland and no Asda :-(

Saw it for 42 on prime so will order from there.

newlabelwriter Tue 10-Oct-17 09:36:38

Thank you for all the playmobil recommendations DS loves playmobil! We are getting him the Playmobil Ghostbusters ... I may be playing with that myself on Christmas morning smile

ItStartedWithAKiss241 Tue 10-Oct-17 09:38:24

F

Popsicle789 Tue 10-Oct-17 09:47:56

Bought heelys for dd's 9th Birthday in August just gone.. one try and she's not keen. Tricky to use on certain surfaces.. amazing for shops though, but hard elsewhere! Not recommended.

She asked for an Our Generation doll and a pram.. she still plays with it off and on.
She asked for a toy shopping till and food etc, she still plays with it.
She loves playing schools still, so stuff for that would go down well for Xmas.
We bought her new bedroom stuff for her birthday, funky instead of little girlie.
Next do a nice unicorn nightie. Unicorn slippers in primark and unicorn headphones. Jo jo bow girl has released a beauty range, primark sell it, bodyspray, lip gloss etc.
She also got a fab lava lamp from family, loves it. Mermaid blanket still a hit.
We've got her a WI U (games console handset which can also plug into a tv). It's got a steering wheel and mario cart game. She is going to love it, as she loves (play) driving!! Ebay bargain

newlabelwriter Tue 10-Oct-17 12:01:20

So good to hear of other 9 year girls who love playing with toys - mine loves hers! So bits I have also got her, in case this helps anyone: Lego Eiffel tower, Chess board, 22b Baker St game (she is detective obsessed), a unicorn inflatable (really cheap on Urban OUtfitters website) electric toothbrush, slime making kit, vouchers (we always go shopping in the sales and out for lunch, which she loves) and a diary. All good, but she needs something a bit more exciting to add to it. Thanks for all ideas - really helping.

vikjul Tue 10-Oct-17 21:43:35

My dd9 received an iDance sing cube for her 8th birthday, there are various versions on amazon. Hers has a disco light show thing and a microphone, and can connect to an iPad/similar via bluetooth to play music. It gets lots of use, all her friends love it too!

vikjul Tue 10-Oct-17 21:47:01

Oh, for my Dds 9th birthday a glue gun was her most anticipated present, but maybe that's just her. I was thinking a 3D pen for Christmas, not sure how fun they actually are though...

oobedobe Wed 11-Oct-17 01:14:27

My DD1 just had her 9th birthday, some hits giftwise were; a lipbalm making set (it uses nice quality 'green' ingredients), a badge making thing (Badge Factory), heely's, monopoly deal card game, anything emoji.

For Christmas we will do: Lego Elves set, Swatch/Flik Flak watch, Klutz watercolour book, pie-face game and something probably crap that she asks for smile

newlabelwriter Wed 11-Oct-17 08:58:17

Great - thanks all. Some brilliant ideas on here.

SockEatingMonster Wed 11-Oct-17 16:56:06

Does she have a phone or tablet? It's over your budget, but someone mentioned the HP Sprocket pocket-sized printer on another thread which I wanted myself thought looked amazing fun. It prints photos onto sticker-backed photo paper directly from your phone/tablet.

Gazelda Wed 11-Oct-17 17:05:33

What about an activity tracker? We got one for DD (9) recently and she absolutely loves it! Hers was £20from Amazon, and there’s often offers on Groupon.

Popsicle789 Fri 13-Oct-17 08:41:08

oobedobe.. don't forget to get a few cans of squirty cream! Literally 4-5 cans.. mine went through it so quickly with the game and 1 can spray button didn't work on Xmas day .. so meant game was short lived

Popsicle789 Fri 13-Oct-17 08:42:31

Forgot to say, We got a £20 activity tracker for dd in August.. broke twice. Sent it back for refund. In the end found a much better one for the same price in Argos. The strap broke the other week and it was just so easy to replace it in town

newlabelwriter Tue 17-Oct-17 09:12:22

Thanks for these... We've got her also a stop, start animation thing. I think she will really like it.

loubielou31 Tue 17-Oct-17 20:20:35

Place marking. My DD is 10 cried last week that she didn't want to be 10 because you don't get toys when you're 10. I'm looking for ideas. X

newlabelwriter Wed 18-Oct-17 09:04:32

loubielou31 I feel the same as your 10 year old, i think it's a real shame that they feel they have to grow out of these things so young - I was still very much all about my Sindy dolls at their age!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now