Talk

Advanced search

Book recommendations

(11 Posts)
peachy94 Wed 04-Oct-17 12:21:58

DS will be 4.5 at Christmas and I think he could do with some new ones for Christmas as he hasn't had any for a while and lots are still his old board books. Any recommendations?

TheOnlyPink Wed 04-Oct-17 12:53:08

My ds is 5, and has recently discovered Spot. I had those books when I was 5, and never thought he would enjoy them, but he got it from the library over the summer and he's obsessed!

Topsy and Tim are big hits too, and so are the Mr Men series.

Didiusfalco Wed 04-Oct-17 13:12:47

Particular favourites in our house are 'The fox in the dark', 'The runaway dinner' and 'The giant jam sandwich'. They're all entertaining for adults too, which I always think is a bonus!

CrowOnTheBroom Wed 04-Oct-17 13:16:14

Are you looking for Christmas books or just books in general? We had Dinosaur Christmas from the library last year and my ds (4) loved it. I might even buy it this year...

Daffydil Wed 04-Oct-17 13:24:43

Dr Seuss. If you haven't already got them.

Didiusfalco Wed 04-Oct-17 14:13:07

I'm not sure about Dr Seuss - I was reading about this yesterday because of Melania Trumps gift:

www.hbook.com/2017/09/blogs/family-reading/dear-mrs-trump/

Carrie76 Wed 04-Oct-17 15:12:47

Have to say I'm not a fan of Dr Seuss, either are the kids. Mine all enjoyed Julia Donaldson at that age and the little miss and mr men books. Great value on the book people

Justabadwife Wed 04-Oct-17 17:07:55

Julia Donaldson books

Who's on the loo!

Aliens love underpants

The day the crayons quit/ the day the crayons came home.

Brittbugs80 Wed 04-Oct-17 18:24:14

Tom Fletcher books are great fun. Particularly the Dinosaur that pooped Christmas.

Owl babies, Hoot Owl, Stickman etc are also good choices.

And Tom Fletcher's there's a monster in my book is funny.

MilesJuppIsMyBitch Wed 04-Oct-17 18:52:04

My favourite children's Christmas book is 'A Christmas in Exeter Street', and my favourite-bar-none for that age-group is 'A Visitor for Bear'.

They'll warm your cockles, and my two (very different) children both love them.

buckeejit Thu 05-Oct-17 14:38:50

We love:

Not now Bernard

You choose. (not much of a story but really loved by both dc)

Dogger

I'm the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now