Talk

Advanced search

What gift newborn!

(9 Posts)
Cupcakey Sat 30-Sep-17 08:11:57

Baby no.2 due literally around Christmas due to c-sec it's pretty certain to be just before, so I want to get the baby a present but I've no idea what to get! Any inspiration? smile

MrsHathaway Sat 30-Sep-17 08:17:29

Is it mainly so DC1 sees the baby get something? Or does it need to be a significant thing?

If the former, something like a comedy "my first Christmas babygro"? Or if the latter, an heirloom type breakfast set or wooden stool?

PotteringAlong Sat 30-Sep-17 08:18:58

John Lewis Christmas bear? It will have the year of their birth on the foot!

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 30-Sep-17 08:25:24

Good ideas here smile

Orangeinthedark Sat 30-Sep-17 17:46:28

Our children were bought Christmas baubles with their names/ first Christmas with the year on. We love bringing them out to decorate the tree every year.

Cupcakey Tue 03-Oct-17 14:01:17

Thank you everyone I've found a couple of things that are perfect. smile

peachy94 Tue 03-Oct-17 16:04:54

If it's for the sake of older children could you wrap up the bouncer/swing/playmat?

CuppaSarah Tue 03-Oct-17 16:18:48

Congratulations!!

As a Christmas Eve mum, I recommend getting toys for age 6months+ as they'll not have a birthday in the middle of the year to break up the ages of what they get. Plus you can stash it away till the summer and it's a lovely surprise again.

Also just before Christmas birthdays are actually magic! Everyone's in good spirits, there's loads on, and All the best food is in the supermarkets.

MrEBear Fri 06-Oct-17 09:34:01

Another Christmas Eve mum. A playgym , teethers, soft toy and 6month+ toys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now