Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to get DH?

(29 Posts)
Madonna9 Fri 29-Sep-17 15:05:36

Hi!
I've started making my Christmas wish lists, however I really don't know what to get my DH besides new socks (he loves wearing new socks) or some Playstation game, but that's it.

What did you get your DH previous years or what are you getting him this year?
I really want to give him something nice as well...

NeitherNowtNorSummat01 Fri 29-Sep-17 15:10:26

Last Christmas I got my husband a schoolter so that he could go scooting with our son.
This year I'm getting him a coffee machine

NeitherNowtNorSummat01 Fri 29-Sep-17 15:10:39

Oh and a drill

EllieMArroway Fri 29-Sep-17 16:35:36

This year mine's getting some wifi headphones, Rick Stein's new Mexican cook book, a framed Punch cartoon and a cashmere hoodie. Maybe some artisan beer & posh pork scratchings if there's money in the budget.

Canofpeas Fri 29-Sep-17 16:42:46

Things I've got which went down well in the past include:
Coffee subscription from hasbean
Comedy tickets
Wallet

Saying that he normally has a list these days so maybe he doesn't trust my judgement....

thismeansnothing Fri 29-Sep-17 16:58:25

A couple of year ago I got DH a Micro brewery kit that went down well.

This year I'm getting him a record player and some vinyl

nancy75 Fri 29-Sep-17 17:05:02

Over the last few years:
New Record player
Records
New IPod
Music tour of London
Guitar
Ice cream sundae set
Watch
He mainly likes music & ice cream

WaxOnFeckOff Fri 29-Sep-17 17:05:04

Shaving subscription
Dressing gown
Hi tech mountain wear stuff
Box sets
Books

bananafanana1 Fri 29-Sep-17 17:09:00

oh gosh they are sooo difficult to buy for!! He usually wants some piece of tech kit that is £££ - or more annoyingly buys stuff for himself just before Xmas that I could have got him. We have started just getting token gifts now really.

Ohwell14 Fri 29-Sep-17 17:13:26

My dh loves good name clothes but we can't really afford them so I always get him a Hugo boss top for christmas so he can build up his collection. He is a shoe fan so trainers and then his favourite aftershave and chocolate and socks of course grin

Cheerybigbottom Fri 29-Sep-17 17:21:57

My DH only ever asks for a PlayStation game, he asks for nothing really. Last night though he asked for an Apple Watch! Poor bugger deserves it but it's a bit pricey.

Panicmode1 Fri 29-Sep-17 17:25:29

My DH is a bit triathlete/cyclist so I usually get him some bits and pieces around his hobbies. Last Christmas I got him a voucher to cycle in the Olympic velodrome - he loved it and it wasn't that expensive! No idea this year though..probably do the same again as it was a big hit!!

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Fri 29-Sep-17 18:46:28

My husband is also into triathlons and cycling so last year got a new aero helmet can't remember what else. This year he's getting some sock overshoe things, a position adjuster thingy and a new aero brake. My Ddad is also obsessed so I just ask him what he'd love and buy that. I'll also get him some clothes, new running clothes and bits and bobs

Unicorn81 Fri 29-Sep-17 18:58:28

Hotel, chocolat
Aftershave
Sweets from the dog
Molton brown bits
Pjs
Tshits
Itunes voucher

Bumbumtaloo Fri 29-Sep-17 19:16:55

My DH had a ‘big’ birthday this year and unfortunately we were absolutely skint, so he ended up with little bits.

I bough him a joint present of a new electric guitar, which he would never have bought himself. Because it was a joint Christmas/birthday present he has it already. I have got him bits and bobs for the guitar - new strings etc from out dd’s so he has something to open.

Normally I buy him trainers, socks, pants, some form of smelly stuff/shower gel and a chocolate orange.

CakeNinja Sat 30-Sep-17 22:34:32

Last year I got him a Tassimo, some timberlands and a boss speaker for the kitchen.
This year, I'm getting him (and the rest of us!) indoor skydiving day. Well, I say day, it actually 2 minutes each for the 5 of us!
And I don't know what else, so will keep my eye on this thread...

CakeNinja Sat 30-Sep-17 22:34:52

Bose speaker, not a boss speaker hmm

Madonna9 Thu 05-Oct-17 17:22:06

Thanks! This is so helpful!

Madonna9 Thu 05-Oct-17 17:22:15

But keep 'em coming!

Troubleinstore Thu 05-Oct-17 22:14:46

My Dh is mr gadget so got a dashcam...he loved it

FoxInABox Thu 05-Oct-17 23:04:36

I always get dh socks, underpants, clothes, trainers, razorblades and aftershave. I’ve previously got him a deep tissue massage voucher, the mini Nintendo retro thing which went down well, and an off road driving experience. I’ve also seen a magnetic wristband thing for nails to attach too when doing DIY which will be good as he constantly drops them and loses them...

Florence16 Fri 06-Oct-17 08:42:48

Mine really likes coffee, so he'll get something along those lines. Also likes:

Comedy tickets
DVDs
PS4 games
Clothes
Gadgets for his car e.g. Dashcam
Mint chocolates
Books

UnbornMortificado Fri 06-Oct-17 08:59:54

At the minute I've thought of socks...

Watching with interest DH is impossible to buy for.

rackhampearl Fri 06-Oct-17 09:11:34

notonthehighstreet do wonderful personalised gifts. My husband earns a lot and I'm a SAHM so it's always been hard to buy for him. Last year I got him a Viking beard oil set cos he loves the show Vikings and a personalised compass from the young DDs saying 'Dad, we'd be lost without you' it's only cost like £12 and came with a Keyring attachment and he loves it. This year I'm trying to track down a striped linen robe that looks like the one Daniel Craig wears in Spectre. I always do him a stocking with his fave choc and miniatures of rum.

loveisevol Fri 06-Oct-17 09:15:46

Snaffling pig pork Scratchings. 😋

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now